Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Modelling Agent fake or real? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is this modelling website and phone number real or fake ( www.therunwaymodels.co.uk and 020 3813 0454)?. Thanks, in advance
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adithya Patnam)
    Is this modelling website and phone number real or fake ( www.therunwaymodels.co.uk and 020 3813 0454)?. Thanks, in advance
    Click the register link and there is a tick box saying "I understand Runway Models is not an agency".
    Also googling the number comes up with no links to them and the pics are everywhere including under other sites claiming to be photographers/ modelling agencies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Click the register link and there is a tick box saying "I understand Runway Models is not an agency".
    Also googling the number comes up with no links to them and the pics are everywhere including under other sites claiming to be photographers/ modelling agencies.
    Thankyou for helping me out. So do you believe that they are fake and that they are just scamming people, Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for helping me out. So do you believe that they are fake and that they are just scamming people, Thanks.
    I'd say so. And even if they were real they would have terrible control over their images given that "their" pics are everywhere so you wouldn't want to join with them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    A quick google search tells you the company/ business are shady. "The Runway Models" is another version of http://www.londonfashionmodels.net. They are based at the same address and the websites are almost identical. A TSR user warned other people here about these "agencies": https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4722238.

Unless you are personally scouted by a reputable agency, such as Storm Models or Elite London, it's 99% a total scam. No real agency would ever ask you to pay anything. These fake agencies flatter girls with compliments and then ask for an extortinate fee to create a "portfolio". It's very common and many naive young girls fall for these horrible scams.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say so. And even if they were real they would have terrible control over their images given that "their" pics are everywhere so you wouldn't want to join with them anyway.
    Thankyou for you advice, I really do appreciate your help. You have helped me make sur i dont join a dogdy modelling company.
    Is it true that normally legitimate ones do not charge you a fee, unlike fake ones which do.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for you advice, I really do appreciate your help. You have helped me make sur i dont join a dogdy modelling company.
    Is it true that normally legitimate ones do not charge you a fee, unlike fake ones which do.
    I have no idea. If you're looking for legit ones I suggest backwards searching images they claim are theirs, googling contact info and company name, looking for reviews etc. You could also check if legit agencies need to register with any sort of network. I believe all companies need to register on some database too so you could look into that.
    If their website is the only trace of them you can find they are either fake or useless.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea. If you're looking for legit ones I suggest backwards searching images they claim are theirs, googling contact info and company name, looking for reviews etc. You could also check if legit agencies need to register with any sort of network. I believe all companies need to register on some database too so you could look into that.
    If their website is the only trace of them you can find they are either fake or useless.
    Oh okay, Thankyou very much for your help. Appreciate it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.