Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is your school uniform and how strict is it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Not at school any more but mine was something like this:
    Attachment 702296
    Balzer with school logo on pocket (no rules on having to wear it all the time or anything)
    White shirt tucked in (top button meant to be done up but never was)
    Tie with coloured stripes based on what house you were in (meant to be worn properly but almost always worn lower and with a bigger knot)
    Black trousers or skirt (supposedly knee level but that never happened)
    Black shoes
    We had jumpers/ cardigans, but not many people wore them.
    Girl uniform was later changed to fitted blouse and no tie
    PE kit was a white polo with school logo, black shorts or joggers and any trainers

Uniform wasn't really enforced. You might have been told to tuck your shirt in or do your tie properly, but nothing came of it if you didn't and most teachers didn't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Attachment 702296
    Balzer with school logo on pocket (no rules on having to wear it all the time or anything)
    Tie with coloured stripes based on what house you were in (meant to be worn properly but almost always worn lower and with a bigger knot)
    Black shoes
    PE kit was a white polo with school logo, black shorts or joggers and any trainers

Uniform wasn't really enforced. You might have been told to tuck your shirt in or do your tie properly, but nothing came of it if you didn't and most teachers didn't care.
    Sounds a bit like mine but mine is a bit stricter then that but not to much

ReputationRep:
    Mine consisted of a White Blouse and school tie
    Navy blue cardigan
    Dark Grey skirt or trousers
    Grey or black tights/socks
    Black shoes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    At primary school it was shorts and a polo,
    Secondary School it was military dress & blazer/trousers/shirt/tie
    college it was w/e

ReputationRep:
    I'm homeschooled now but went to school until year 9. Ours was :
    blue shirt and school tie
    school logo cardigan/jumper
    ankle length school kilt and green tights
    school blazer
    black shoes (school approved)
    For boys it was similar but tartan trousers instead of a kilt
    I actually liked our uniform, but when I went on the train home the kilt was annoying
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    going to a private school, my uniform is generally pretty damn strict. i'll list the winter uniform not the summer too.

pre-prep uniform
    white shirt (has to be the one from the uniform supplier as it has a slightly odd shaped collar)
    tartan pinnafore dress
    red tights
    black leather shoes (patent leather not allowed)
    red cardigan
    black woollen blazer with red piping

pre-prep pe kit
    white polo shirt (again, has to be brought from the uniform supplier as has the school crest embroidered on it)
    red shorts
    black midlayer fleece / hoodie (hoodie is old, fleece was introduced in september. again, all has to be brought from uniform supplier as school crest embroidered)
    indoor and outdoor trainers
    black trackies
    black gymnastics leotard
    ballet kit includes a lavender leotard, skirt, socks and shoes, and a cardigan
    school swimsuit (black and red design)

prep uniform
    white shirt with red piping around collar
    red v-kneck jumper
    tartan skirt
    black tights / knee length socks
    black woollen blazer with red piping
    leather shoes

prep pe kit
    white polo shirt
    tartan skort
    hoodie/midlayer fleece
    black trackies
    black cycling shorts
    black gymnastic leotard
    the same dance kit as pre-prep
    school swimsuit

senior uniform
    white shirt with red piping around collar
    red v neck jumper (black with red stripe arround collar in years 10 and 11)
    tartan skirt
    black tights
    leather shoes
    black jacket

senior pe kit
    the same as prep but dance kit not needed in years 9 and above unless taking for gcse
    black leggings
    baselayer top if wanted for netball and hockey teams, etc.

this is the tartan used in all the normal uniform

and this is the tartan used on the pe skirts for prep and senior school
    Name:  006209.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  167.9 KB

there are so many rules with my school's uniform i can't be bothered to list them. if anyone wants to know anything specific please just ask. the main one is that blazers/jackets must be worn at all times outside of the classroom, and 'skirts can hang no higher than 6cm from the knee when girls are kneeling'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_8409)
    My school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jocktherock)
    My school
    My school wants everyone to stop wearing ties and wear the new school polo shirt. But I like my tie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    Attachment 702296
    Black shoes

My school wants us to ditch the tie and wear a polo shirt. But I like wearing my tie and blazer

ReputationRep:
    Year 7-11:

Girls - Cardigans/jumper with school logo (most wear cardies), white shirt (supposedly with top button done up but not many do this), knee-length skirt with black tights/ black trousers (most wear trousers), black socks (hardly anyone does this unless their socks are visible from footwear), black shoes, burgundy (ugh...)

Boys - Blazer with school logo, trousers, everything else the same as above.

Sixth form:

Blazers aren't required anymore so both genders either wear a jumper or cardigan (boys mainly wear jumpers). Tie and shoes are still necessary, uniform is black apart from the shirt. Most of us wear jackets even though we're not supposed to.

ReputationRep:
    ive been to several different schools with different dress codes each but mostly when i grew up, white collared shirt, navy or grey trousers, a tie that matched the trousers and shirt like striped, and black shoes so it said but they allowed coloured trainers lol we had a blazer but didnt have to wear it, we could get a cardigan or nothing just the shirt lol

I always wanted a maroon or red colour theme :sad: pure envied certain uniforms growing up lol

ReputationRep:

basically like this they look so coot :rofl: I always looked like a pimp at school but got called to detention for not removing my New Era caps :gangster:

Junior pre school (age 2-3)
    - white polo hirt
    - regulation sky blue jumper with school crest
    - regulation book bag

Pre-school (age 3-4) and Prep ( p1 - p7)
    Winter:
    - regulation white polo shirt with maroon and blue striped collar with school crest
    - regulation grey pullover with blue and maroon stripe at neckline (changes to white shirt with collar in p3 - p7 with striped tie)
    - regulation maroon tunic and grey tights
    - regulation hat , knitted scarf and navy jacket
    - grey school blazer and black shoes
    Summer:
    - regulation grey pullover
    - white knee socks or ankle socks
    - regulation sun hat
    - regulation blue and grey striped summer dress
    - black shoes and blazer
    Prep 3- 7 need regulation school bag and pe bag

Year 8- 12
    - white shirt (summer shirt for 8 and 9 is maroon and white stripe open neck , plain white for 10 -14)and striped tie
    - maroon skirt
    - grey pullover (8-12 , cardigan for 6th form)
    - grey tights (70 denier)
    - grey blazer
    - 6th form require a maroon tie with 2 white stripes and school crest , also need 6th form pocket on blazer
    - prefects need maroon and grey tie with prefect pocket on blazer (Done in gold wire)
    - need an apron Which is the same as the prep summer dress

As for strictness, we get told off for nail polish, heavy makeup, rolled up skirts, hoodies in school and coats, tie too short, jewellery i.e. nose rings must be removed, hair dye and summer hair braids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_8409)
    Ours is very strict and we get a detention if we don’t follow any of these (even the smallest things):

*White shirt, tucked in, buttoned to the top.
    *Or, blouse with school logo, tucked in.
    *Striped tie, only for shirts, tight around collar.
    *Skirt, one style and provider (pleated, knee length), worn with black “pigmented” tights.
    *Or, trousers, dark grey, under ankle, not tight, 3 shops to choose from.
    (We’re not allowed to show any skin except from arms and above shoulders)
    *Socks, black, over the ankle, no logos.
    (Yes we get an after school If we wear trainer socks)
    *Shoes, black (not even a bit of white), no logos, not allowed to be over the ankle, 2” heel max.
    *School jumper, blue and maroon, with logo, tucked out, must have shirt underneath, not to be worn around waist or anything.

I think that’s it for uniform but don’t get me started on our rules.

Lol and yes, we do boil in the summer!

I hope you found what you were looking for?

ReputationRep:
    Our school is fairly lax on uniform (as much as smt try to upkeep it) but at a basic level it’s shirt and tie with black trousers/skirt and black shoes, our uniform got redesigned 5 years ago and for the first year they insisted we wear blazers but that’s long gone. The old seniors designed our tie which is blue/silver/purple stripes for juniors and purple with a silver strip and school logo for seniors. I think we got fairly lucky on the tie front because ours is actually really pretty lol

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.