Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the course you are doing and the number of contact hours. For something like English/Psychology, I would recommend a couple of hours a day outside classes, I think eight is a little excessive. You would find some times have more work than others, for example, preparing for seminars, assignment times.

ReputationRep:
    8 hours a day! Someone is pulling your leg. I'm 3rd year with a Dissertation, and 2 3,500 word assignments and I study nowhere near that and I still get through it.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds doesn’t not require 8 hours. The only unis that will require 8 hours are oxbridge and medicine courses. Leeds will be more like 3-6 hours. 5-6 hours in probably needed for a first depending on how naturally good you seen at the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentletshope)
    Thanks for the answer ☺️Are you studying English ?
    No, Criminology.

ReputationRep:
    General rule, a 10 credit module requires 100 hours of learning (combination of lectures, seminars, home study, revision for exams etc.)
    You do 120 credits a year, usually 60 each semester, so 600 hours a term (Which sounds like a lot, but if you figure it out per week, its really not a lot)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentletshope)
    Thanks for the answer
    So how many hours per day/week approximately? Would you say 6 h per day without breaks?
    6 hours including lectures and tutorials? If you mean 6 hours outside of classes, I still think it is too much personally, but it depends on the individual and how much your workload is. I would normally do about 3 to 4 hours outside of classes, more if I needed to do seminar prep or during assignments/exam period. If you do 6 hours, I would take breaks in between so you stay motivated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.