Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the course you are doing and the number of contact hours. For something like English/Psychology, I would recommend a couple of hours a day outside classes, I think eight is a little excessive. You would find some times have more work than others, for example, preparing for seminars, assignment times.

ReputationRep:
    8 hours a day! Someone is pulling your leg. I'm 3rd year with a Dissertation, and 2 3,500 word assignments and I study nowhere near that and I still get through it.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds doesn’t not require 8 hours. The only unis that will require 8 hours are oxbridge and medicine courses. Leeds will be more like 3-6 hours. 5-6 hours in probably needed for a first depending on how naturally good you seen at the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentletshope)
    Thanks for the answer ☺️Are you studying English ?
    No, Criminology.

ReputationRep:
    General rule, a 10 credit module requires 100 hours of learning (combination of lectures, seminars, home study, revision for exams etc.)
    You do 120 credits a year, usually 60 each semester, so 600 hours a term (Which sounds like a lot, but if you figure it out per week, its really not a lot)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentletshope)
    Thanks for the answer
    So how many hours per day/week approximately? Would you say 6 h per day without breaks?
    6 hours including lectures and tutorials? If you mean 6 hours outside of classes, I still think it is too much personally, but it depends on the individual and how much your workload is. I would normally do about 3 to 4 hours outside of classes, more if I needed to do seminar prep or during assignments/exam period. If you do 6 hours, I would take breaks in between so you stay motivated.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.