Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have 'friends'... They got put into the same classes because of their band. And I got put into totally different classes - our timetables differ all the time. We figured out 3 days for us to meet up...on one of the days they decided to go out of the school (just in front - but they told be they were out). They went with new friends from their classes, went to nearby food shop etc... I phoned them and they told me they weren't inside (but actually just out) - they said sorry and hung up.

I was alone. Which I'm sort of used to now... But I was alone - I went to the study room in the school and just sat alone and studied without eating any thing.

I saw them on the next day and they were joking with their friends about the day they went 'out' (just literally out in the front)... Anyways it was kind of awkward but I tried my best to 'fit in' but it just wasn't the same anymore.

A few days later it's the day we meet up again... I specifically forgot everything and thought maybe I'm overthinking so I told them about doing this really fun thing around the school. I asked them about meeting up... One told me they were leaving for the day and another said she'll be with their new friends - I can come if I want.

It may sound egoistic but I'm not someone who just keeps tagging along. I don't want to be a burden. I don't want to be a beg. So I lied. I said it's okay and that I have alot of work to do....another day alone in the library without eating.

I see them after my lessons are over. One of them didn't leave for the day... And they also were doing the fun thing I suggested to do.

I don't know how to feel. I'm at a really low point in terms of personally and on top... I feel like these guys are gone too now. They knew I was at a low point... They asked me if I was okay - but they don't realise that these things that they do push me further.

I don't know what to do. I don't have anyone else... I feel so lonely and alone. I had a problem like this before but I made efforts and time to see them. Now that I've laid back a little it's like they don't care... They would never make time or effort to meet up with me.

Its sad. It's sad because I'm that friend who makes sure everything is okay with everyone... If someone's missing I make sure I include them... If someone's hungry I'll buy them food and take it personally.

And when it's me. It's like no one's there.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by lostplot)
    So I have 'friends'... They got put into the same classes because of their band. And I got put into totally different classes - our timetables differ all the time. We figured out 3 days for us to meet up...on one of the days they decided to go out of the school (just in front - but they told be they were out). They went with new friends from their classes, went to nearby food shop etc... I phoned them and they told me they weren't inside (but actually just out) - they said sorry and hung up.

I was alone. Which I'm sort of used to now... But I was alone - I went to the study room in the school and just sat alone and studied without eating any thing.

I saw them on the next day and they were joking with their friends about the day they went 'out' (just literally out in the front)... Anyways it was kind of awkward but I tried my best to 'fit in' but it just wasn't the same anymore.

A few days later it's the day we meet up again... I specifically forgot everything and thought maybe I'm overthinking so I told them about doing this really fun thing around the school. I asked them about meeting up... One told me they were leaving for the day and another said she'll be with their new friends - I can come if I want.

It may sound egoistic but I'm not someone who just keeps tagging along. I don't want to be a burden. I don't want to be a beg. So I lied. I said it's okay and that I have alot of work to do....another day alone in the library without eating.

I see them after my lessons are over. One of them didn't leave for the day... And they also were doing the fun thing I suggested to do.

I don't know how to feel. I'm at a really low point in terms of personally and on top... I feel like these guys are gone too now. They knew I was at a low point... They asked me if I was okay - but they don't realise that these things that they do push me further.

I don't know what to do. I don't have anyone else... I feel so lonely and alone. I had a problem like this before but I made efforts and time to see them. Now that I've laid back a little it's like they don't care... They would never make time or effort to meet up with me.

Its sad. It's sad because I'm that friend who makes sure everything is okay with everyone... If someone's missing I make sure I include them... If someone's hungry I'll buy them food and take it personally.

And when it's me. It's like no one's there.

Hi I think I understand whats gone on.

Are your classes in a lower or higher band?
    What year are you in?

If you are in a lower band, then you are going to have to work hard.
    Is there a school counselor or a teacher you trust who you can explain things to? If you work hard then maybe there will be a chance they can move you up?

If you are in a higher band, then you just need to focus on work and your exams. Its not worth working poorly to try and get dropped.

You could also explain things to your parents or even o and see the GP and explain how its making your stressed and depressed. they might write you a note. the school should have a counselor somewhere.

As for how to deal with your friends, then thats just how people are, they move on and dont realise others get left behind or you might be feeling sad.

You can either, just be tough and make new friends.

Make every effort t keep with your old friends and take what you can. I know you dont like to tag along, but they are still considering you, its just harder when they arent in the same class. Young people dont think and they might not even realise. Instead of letting yourself get sad, just be determined to make the best of it. In a few years time after your exams then you might never see them again and yu will be off to uni.

You can also resume your friendship outside school.

My advice would be to tough it out, keep contact and dont let it get you down. make new friends so you arent totally reliant and just accept things will be a bit different. Its not ideal, but its better than feeling sad or even worse messing your exams up. You will realise later in life you make friends all the time, so just stick in the group the best you can and show them it doesnt affect you. Try and do stuff outside school as well. Its not the same I know but if you have other friends plus your studies, then its the least worst option.

If your classes are close enough then ask the counselor or your parents if you can move classes. Even better if you have a doctors note. They wont move you up but they might move you down if theres space, but they will only do so if its highlighted as a real problem is you need a doctors note and the support of the school counselor and your parents to show its serious.

Thats how you could deal with it.

If it was me then id jsut get on with my studies, make new friends and accept i wasnt as close with the others. If they are really good friends then they will make an effort to include and catch up after school. If they ignore or exclude then maybe they arent as good a friends as you thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Hi I think I understand whats gone on.

Are your classes in a lower or higher band?
    What year are you in?

If you are in a lower band, then you are going to have to work hard.
    Is there a school counselor or a teacher you trust who you can explain things to? If you work hard then maybe there will be a chance they can move you up?

If you are in a higher band, then you just need to focus on work and your exams. Its not worth working poorly to try and get dropped.

You could also explain things to your parents or even o and see the GP and explain how its making your stressed and depressed. they might write you a note. the school should have a counselor somewhere.

As for how to deal with your friends, then thats just how people are, they move on and dont realise others get left behind or you might be feeling sad.

You can either, just be tough and make new friends.

Make every effort t keep with your old friends and take what you can. I know you dont like to tag along, but they are still considering you, its just harder when they arent in the same class. Young people dont think and they might not even realise. Instead of letting yourself get sad, just be determined to make the best of it. In a few years time after your exams then you might never see them again and yu will be off to uni.

You can also resume your friendship outside school.

My advice would be to tough it out, keep contact and dont let it get you down. make new friends so you arent totally reliant and just accept things will be a bit different. Its not ideal, but its better than feeling sad or even worse messing your exams up. You will realise later in life you make friends all the time, so just stick in the group the best you can and show them it doesnt affect you. Try and do stuff outside school as well. Its not the same I know but if you have other friends plus your studies, then its the least worst option.

If your classes are close enough then ask the counselor or your parents if you can move classes. Even better if you have a doctors note. They wont move you up but they might move you down if theres space, but they will only do so if its highlighted as a real problem is you need a doctors note and the support of the school counselor and your parents to show its serious.

Thats how you could deal with it.

If it was me then id jsut get on with my studies, make new friends and accept i wasnt as close with the others. If they are really good friends then they will make an effort to include and catch up after school. If they ignore or exclude then maybe they arent as good a friends as you thought.
    thing is i can make friends and acquaintances...but making friends to hang out with or chill with is extremely difficult as in college everyone already has their friendship groups. Its no that were in different groups...Im studying A-Levels and they both failed their exams so they have to take retake classes- hence in a different band.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by lostplot)
    thing is i can make friends and acquaintances...but making friends to hang out with or chill with is extremely difficult as in college everyone already has their friendship groups. Its no that were in different groups...Im studying A-Levels and they both failed their exams so they have to take retake classes- hence in a different band.
    Cant believe i wrote all that last night.
    Sixth form is different. It only lasts 2 years and then you could be at uni.

You arent with them and they are on a different path now. Just make the best of it and you will son be at uni where you can make new friends. Your exams are more important. I would just make the best of it and not worry. You can always talk to them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.