Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I sent and evidence, and STF received it on the 21st of September. My application has been approved and my status is "payments are ready to be made" however, my payments are still blocked. When I first called they said they have to process the evidence and for the Migrant Worker Team it took 28 days on that day. When I called up second and third time I've been told 33 and 36 working days. My question is that why does it take so long for the Migrant Worker Team to process and information when my application has already been approved?

Student Finance meant to support up students but because I haven't still be paid I can't attend my classes as I can't afford to commute.

Please help me with some information, or where I could turn with my case.

Thank you.

Dominika R
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominikaR)
    Hi

I sent and evidence, and STF received it on the 21st of September. My application has been approved and my status is "payments are ready to be made" however, my payments are still blocked. When I first called they said they have to process the evidence and for the Migrant Worker Team it took 28 days on that day. When I called up second and third time I've been told 33 and 36 working days. My question is that why does it take so long for the Migrant Worker Team to process and information when my application has already been approved?

Student Finance meant to support up students but because I haven't still be paid I can't attend my classes as I can't afford to commute.

Please help me with some information, or where I could turn with my case.

Thank you.

Dominika R
    Hi Dominika,

The timescales we give out are expected and subject to change especially at our peak times.

You can be approved provisionally but we still require evidence of the continued employment before we can actually release the payment which would seem to be the case here.

Once the evidence has been approved then your payments will go from blocked to approved then it will be paid.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.