Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So this has been stressing me out for a while. I need 5 options and so far I have Imperial (A*A*A) ,Nottingham (AAA) and Sheffield (AAA). I am super stuck on picking my official first choice ( I don't think Imperial would accept me lol) but i'm mainly choosing between Leeds, Durham and Bristol which are all (A*AA). I want to do Mechanical/General engineering but this is making go mad. I'm not sure what it is I want... Oh and I need a university of grades AAB but i can't find any :/

ReputationRep:
    Choosing your first choice is honestly up to you. The best way to decide is to go to open days and explore the whole campus! Your opinion of a university could be different to someone else!

With regards to trying to find a uni that offers AAB, I recommend using a site called Whatuni. All you need to do is sign up and enter the grades and course that you are interested in.

So for example, enter the grades AAB and mechanical engineering and all the unis that offer this grade boundary will come up! You can also view how the university is rated by other students. Its a really helpful tool!
    Hope this helps
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'msoPi)
    So this has been stressing me out for a while. I need 5 options and so far I have Imperial (A*A*A) ,Nottingham (AAA) and Sheffield (AAA). I am super stuck on picking my official first choice ( I don't think Imperial would accept me lol) but i'm mainly choosing between Leeds, Durham and Bristol which are all (A*AA). I want to do Mechanical/General engineering but this is making go mad. I'm not sure what it is I want... Oh and I need a university of grades AAB but i can't find any :/
    HI! I've moved your thread to the Engineering forum
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'msoPi)
    Forget about entry requirements for the time being, you should be choosing universities and courses you like. No engineering degree is quite the same, there will be subtle differences in terms of module options, have a look at the course structure at Leeds, Durham and Bristol (paying special attention to the second and third years), which ones look more interesting?

You don't need to use all five choices in one go, you can apply for three or four degrees now, and then add a fifth choice in a month or so. I suggest you apply to the universities you definitely like now, and spend the next few weeks researching a possible insurance choice. There's no rush.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.