Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys.

my name is Gemma and i am 16 years old I weigh 11 stone and i am not that fat but I do have a little belly on me (lol) I get really sad and upset about my body there's times I love my body there's time I want to change i would like to change abit of my body by losing weight but nothing ever works. my boyfriend loves me for who I am and he supports me. but I just ain't happy about my self
    ...... sorry just wanted to get this of my chest. any advice?? thanks xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You sound pretty similar to me. I'm a good weight for my height, but all my fat gets deposited on my middle and my stomach. You can't tell I have a belly unless I wear tight clothing, then you can see all my lumps and bumps. I get really self conscious and refuse to wear tight fitted clothing. My boyfriend also loves my body and doesn't care I'm not super skinny. I've recently joined the gym, running on the treadmill and I did an aerobics class too. I'm trying to cut down on the amount of junk food I'm eating too. Unfortunately you can't control where your fat is placed in your body as that's genetic, but you can try and keep yourself fit and healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Keep eating why you eat, but cut out drinks. Just by drinking something other than water you take in needlessly calories. That's a very easy change.

Second start doing exercise. It burns calories and is good for your mind and stress level as well.

If you are currently roughly burning as many calories as you take in, then these two changes should already put you on slowly losing weight. You don't even have to go super intense. Even a 50-100 calories deficit a day will add up over time.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite common to have times when you love your body and times when you wish you could change. I imagine everyone experiences both at some point. It's great that your boyfriend loves you the way you are but at the end of the day, it's about you feeling comfortable in your own body so if you're unhappy then don't feel guilty. Nothing is worth sacrificing your health and positive relationships over but if you're sensible then choosing 'healthier' foods (nutrient dense, lower calorie) over processed, high fat/salt/sugar ones and watching how much you eat (undereating is as bad as overeating!) should help you lose some weight. Combine this with cardio to encourage fat loss and weight or resistance style exercise to help build muscle tone then you're on your way to a flatter stomach!

I will say this though- this year I've lost 25 lbs. I have good abs, a defined 4 pack (not bad for a girl!)...but I STILL have a muffin top and a pouch of lower abdominal fat. It's just how my body is made! Exercise and eating a more nutritious diet can make you feel strong, energetic and unstoppable which are more important than physical appearance
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Woman have a higher bf% than men.
    Fat has a predisopoition to being stored around your stomach and upper limbs etc.

Read the FAQ if you want to improve how you look. Your diet plus lifting weights will help you achieve your goals.

If you aren't serious about changing things then nothing will change. It's entirely your choice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.