Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I was hoping some current students could give me some advice? I'm interested in Glyndwr but I've read some newspaper reports over the summer about staff harassing students and about staff being sacked (for the sorts of things we're hearing so much about in Westminster these days - if you know what I mean).

What's the inside story? Is it worth considering applying or should I go elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ReputationRep:
    No replies so I'm having to reply to myself! I'm guessing no replies means the stories are true and I should look elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    Under no circumstance should you consider Glyndwr. It is awful. Lecturers don't show up, timetables are wrong, they won't tell you the assessment criteria, the vle only gets updated once your entire cohort complains. I'm on an engineering course and my lecturer can't demonstrate a motor and generator without blowing it up. Wi-Fi is extremely spotty on campus. And yes, the new deputy vice chancellor from last year has been firing people left right and center, asking technicians to teach modules. Its a really backwards place. Worst decision of my life, don't make the same mistake as me, go anywhere else.

TL DR = Glyndwr hates it's students!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info rtzs287. I've been hearing all sorts of weird things about the place since the original post. Sounds like the 'vampire academic' in Psychology (just search 'glyndwr vampire' for the story) and his friends have been dismissed for sexually harassing students so I'm very glad I'm not going there!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 19, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Wrexham Glyndwr University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Wrexham Glyndwr University
    Wrexham Glyndwr University Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  3. Wrexham Glyndwr University
    Wrexham Glyndwr University Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.