Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wanted my ucas application handed in for a while now. Last week Friday I had finished my personal statement and believed my application would be ready for my school to send off. Then I find out it can’t be sent because my overall reference has not even been written. I thought this would have been handled by now. Considering it is early November, I feel I am slowly becoming late to hand in my application. I emailed my tutor multiple times asking if he has finished it. No reply. In form he comes back with some ******** excuse that he didnt know he had to do the reference and he’s getting instructions from another teacher on how to do it. But how come people in my form have already gotten university offers or have sent in their application? It’s Thursday tomorrow and it hasn’t even been started according to the ucas website. I’m starting to get pissed off and worried that university places are being filled up so I’m going to miss out. This teacher doesn’t exactly like me or anything and we had an altercation a while ago through a miscommunication and unprofessional behaviour on his behalf. Basically what I’m asking is, does sending in my application mid-November put me at a disadvantage? Does the teacher really not know how to give references when people in my class have sent off their application? What should I do because I’m fed up now.

ReputationRep:
    keep pestering that **** , if he refuses to do it then that's his job gone , if it continues then get ur parents to send an email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astressedbitxch)
    I wanted my ucas application handed in for a while now. Last week Friday I had finished my personal statement and believed my application would be ready for my school to send off. Then I find out it can’t be sent because my overall reference has not even been written. I thought this would have been handled by now. Considering it is early November, I feel I am slowly becoming late to hand in my application. I emailed my tutor multiple times asking if he has finished it. No reply. In form he comes back with some ******** excuse that he didnt know he had to do the reference and he’s getting instructions from another teacher on how to do it. But how come people in my form have already gotten university offers or have sent in their application? It’s Thursday tomorrow and it hasn’t even been started according to the ucas website. I’m starting to get pissed off and worried that university places are being filled up so I’m going to miss out. This teacher doesn’t exactly like me or anything and we had an altercation a while ago through a miscommunication and unprofessional behaviour on his behalf. Basically what I’m asking is, does sending in my application mid-November put me at a disadvantage? Does the teacher really not know how to give references when people in my class have sent off their application? What should I do because I’m fed up now.
    Every application that is sent in before the January deadline gets equal consideration. Whether you send it in September or the day before the January deadline it does not matter in the slightest. Don't worry, places don't run out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    keep pestering that **** , if he refuses to do it then that's his job gone , if it continues then get ur parents to send an email
    Thanks man. He’s really lazy in general but I’m just not buying it. I’m literally stressing about it everyday and I’ve applied to some competitive universities it’s giving me a headache.

ReputationRep:
    By that point I'd be taking it to someone higher up, maybe the Head of Year or Headteacher.

Tell them you're concerned that your future could be in jeopardy if your form tutor doesn't get it together. They likely won't be impressed as it reflects badly on the school and I'd expect they'd have words with him shortly after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lxlxlee)
    Every application that is sent in before the January deadline gets equal consideration. Whether you send it in September or the day before the January deadline it does not matter in the slightest. Don't worry, places don't run out.
    my worry with that is I will have to fight for less places. Some people get accepted to courses within a few days. That, to me equals less places.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man. He’s really lazy in general but I’m just not buying it. I’m literally stressing about it everyday and I’ve applied to some competitive universities it’s giving me a headache.
    lmfao tell him this is your future , this is what he's more or less paid to do , tell him that

ReputationRep:
    Go higher up.

See whoever is in charge above him (there must be someone who has more authority) and tell them exactly what you've told us. Say you are worried it will not get done in time and could they chase it up for you as you have already approached your teacher but are getting nowhere with it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I mean I really don’t want to get this teacher in trouble but he’s trying me honestly.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I mean I really don’t want to get this teacher in trouble but he’s trying me honestly.

He deserves to be in trouble if he can't get his act together and put a reference in place. This is your future and he isn't doing what he's been paid to do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.