Turn on thread page Beta

Article: eight questions you must ask yourself before choosing your uni watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Choosing the wrong university is easy.

Pick the one your mates think is good. Pick the one your dad wishes he’d gone to. Or pick one based on some vague feeling that it’s got a good reputation.

Just don’t, whatever you do, spend any time doing some decent research.

Choosing the right university is a bit more demanding. It’s not something you do in a spare five minutes. It’s going to take time and you’re going to need the motivation to do some proper research. You might have to make some tough decisions – ruling out universities that you once thought were perfect for you.

But it’s worth the effort. You’ll be spending at least three years at the place you choose. It’s going to be your home, not just the place where you study. By putting in the legwork now, you can feel confident that you’ve made the right choice.

Feeling motivated? Here are eight key questions to ask yourself when you’re choosing a uni.

Read the full Eight questions you must ask yourself before choosing your uni article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    The mistake I made was assuming that somewhere that was a great day when I went for interview would be somewhere I would be comfortable living in for years.

I would always suggest spending a bit more time in the area of the university. Arrange to stay over in halls or a hostel and just generally get a feel for the place outside of the organised tours and talks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.