Hi - I am studying Unit 1C The Tudors and am finding it a lot harder to score highly in than my other paper (2N Russia). I don’t know what structure to use and can barely find stuff out there. I know what to learn content wise which isn’t the problem it’s just how to actually write it and in what order/structure. Can anyone help? Even if it’s not related to 1C, any other unit 1 which uses the same thing? Applies to both extract and essay questions but particularly with extracts as we’ve not handled historians views before A Level. Thank you!!
Turn on thread page Beta
AQA A Level History - Unit 1 watch
- Thread Starter
- 08-11-2017 17:49
- 08-11-2017 18:28
I'm currently studying 1H - Tsarist and Communist Russia and I think the extracts and essays for unit 1 have a similar approach overall.
For the extracts, I use the following structure below:
1) What is the argument for the interpretation in Extract A?
2) What evidence can you find in the extract to support the argument? (What details are mentioned to support the argument)
3) What do you know (what contextual knowledge do you have) that supports these claims?
4) What contextual knowledge do you have that contradicts these claims?
5) Using your judgement, are the arguments in support stronger than the arguments against, or vice versa?
Repeat the above steps for the other extracts and you should have a good structured essay.
I hope this helps!