The Student Room Group

What political party do you support and why?

Are you labour, tory, libdem etc? And why

Scroll to see replies

Conservative party because it's the only party strong enough to keep the dreadful and ridiculous Labour party out of power.

Bring on the hate TSR!!!
Reply 2
I don't vote or support a political party; I just like to go with the flow because I'm a lazy sod.
Reply 3
Original post by Chaz254
Conservative party because it's the only party strong enough to keep the dreadful and ridiculous Labour party out of power.

Bring on the hate TSR!!!

Wow very controversial lol
Reply 4
Conservative. Because I believe that market capitalism has been responsible for the greatest improvement in human life in history, because I don't like meddling in other people's business, because I believe in the unity of the United Kingdom and because I believe the centre ground is where we best drive change from.
Original post by Kayleighm18

Any anti-immigration party would be on my short list. That way you don't lose your country, and you can boycott employers if they don't pay enough because they can't bring people in from outside to work on the cheap.
I am a Corbynite. Not a Labour supporter. Most Labour MPs wouldn't recognise leftism if it grew a moustache and built a million statues of itself.
None.

Firstly because I am a revolutionary anarchist. I dont believe we can affect significant and meaningful change to the system by taking part in yhe system.

Secondly, because judging by the amount of campaigning that goes on in my constituency no party wants my vote.
UKIP (if any) because they combine a tough stance on immigration (without being ultra-radical), and are fairly economically left.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
I am a Corbynite. Not a Labour supporter. Most Labour MPs wouldn't recognise leftism if it grew a moustache and built a million statues of itself.

So you were also carried away by the popularity wave?
I would consider my myself a 'Thatcherite'. I still vote Conservative, if only to keep Corbyn out of no. 10 at the last election.
I've voted Labour and Lib Dem in the past but lean more towards the latter, while we have FPTP it's only Labour or Tory so I'd choose Labour.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Kayleighm18

I support the AfD in Gemany
Original post by Danny the Geezer
UKIP (if any) because they combine a tough stance on immigration (without being ultra-radical), and are fairly economically left.

They're not though, their policies are geared towards free-trade and low tax/low spend.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/politics/665530/nigel-farage-im-the-only-politician-keeping-the-flame-of-thatcherism-alive/
Labour.

I believe in a mixed economy, strong union rights, public ownership of key industries and regulation of the markets.

I believe in a version of capitalism certainly, but not the dog eat dog capitalism we've had since Thatcher.

While Labour don't have all the answers, they at least recognise the problems young people face with housing, debt and the cost of living. Not to mention the importance of public services.
Original post by L i b
Conservative. Because I believe that market capitalism has been responsible for the greatest improvement in human life in history, because I don't like meddling in other people's business, because I believe in the unity of the United Kingdom and because I believe the centre ground is where we best drive change from.

Considering the current and likely future leadership of the Tories, it really doesn't seem you have that much in common with them anymore.

On what you post, you seem more of an orange booker, than someone aligned with the current Tory party.
Tories. Would eat my own limbs before even considering Labour.
I support myself and volunteer to be the PM. 🙋🏽 I can negotiate better than Theresa May. I've made more deals than she's said the words 'strong' and 'stable'
Reply 18
Conservative, because I make decent money and would like to keep a majority of it.
Labour, I work for the public sector.

Quick Reply