Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At first, they thought it was an eating disorder so they sent me to a psychiatrist specializing in eating disorders but it ended up being depression.I am waiting for a referral to a psychiatrist who can help me. I am struggling to cope.I came home today at 13:50 since then I had dinner and laid in bed for like 3 hours I slept for 50 minutes.I feel in absolute despair I also have Aspergers which I guess makes everything worse.My stepfather is not very understanding and has no idea what sh** I go through every day mentally so we don't speak anymore.I received majority A*'s at GCSE I was doing well.But since starting a levels it has just been a big u turn literally.I feel like me becoming a doctor is just impossible with those grades but I feel just broken inside I am in pain laying in my bed I feel like all those negative feelings are tearing me apart.I feel hopeless and lonely.I only come to school because my mum tells me to otherwise I would not bother as I am so angry and sad deep inside.

I don't know what to do I just can't seem to pull myself together I just wish I could sleep all day.I know me doing ntohing about my grades won't change anything I know that me not studying won't suddenly get me all A's at AS but I just can't do it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    an I ask how old you are? it's relevant, I'm not just being nosey

(Original post by Anonymous)
    At first, they thought it was an eating disorder so they sent me to a psychiatrist specializing in eating disorders but it ended up being depression.I am waiting for a referral to a psychiatrist who can help me. I am struggling to cope.I came home today at 13:50 since then I had dinner and laid in bed for like 3 hours I slept for 50 minutes.I feel in absolute despair I also have Aspergers which I guess makes everything worse.My stepfather is not very understanding and has no idea what sh** I go through every day mentally so we don't speak anymore.I received majority A*'s at GCSE I was doing well.But since starting a levels it has just been a big u turn literally.I feel like me becoming a doctor is just impossible with those grades but I feel just broken inside I am in pain laying in my bed I feel like all those negative feelings are tearing me apart.I feel hopeless and lonely.I only come to school because my mum tells me to otherwise I would not bother as I am so angry and sad deep inside.

I don't know what to do I just can't seem to pull myself together I just wish I could sleep all day.I know me doing ntohing about my grades won't change anything I know that me not studying won't suddenly get me all A's at AS but I just can't do it anymore.
    I've suffered through the sames things friend. I know the struggles but you shouldn't give up, and neither should you have to go through it alone. I have a friend with Aspergers also, who is also going through a rough time. What you need right now is a friend, even if it means talking to people on here. I suffered through my pain alone and thats the biggest mistake i could of made. Once you find your way and someone helps, you'll gain a focus and your grades will soar. Those GCSEs are amazing and i believe in you, you can do anything you set your mind to, its just getting the right help to get there

(Original post by kodakid)
    an I ask how old you are? it's relevant, I'm not just being nosey
    I am doing my a levels so I guess you can figure it out.

I've suffered through the sames things friend. I know the struggles but you shouldn't give up, and neither should you have to go through it alone. I have a friend with Aspergers also, who is also going through a rough time. What you need right now is a friend, even if it means talking to people on here. I suffered through my pain alone and thats the biggest mistake i could of made. Once you find your way and someone helps, you'll gain a focus and your grades will soar. Those GCSEs are amazing and i believe in you, you can do anything you set your mind to, its just getting the right help to get there
    Having Aspergers is a lonely existence if I am honest I cannot make any meaningful friendship no matter how much I try and approach people but people do not seem to want to be friends but only reply out of politeness.I wish I could believe in me too I feel like I have nothing left to give.The psychiatrist thinks it is great disappointment which I guess caused me to go downhill.I have been rejected from all 5 sixth forms despite received 7A*'s and 3A's it would the final push.Loneliness+disappointment+r ejection=depression. I am doing decent in maths working on a B which isn't great I want an A in AS but it is not a U or an E like in biology and chemistry.Maths is logical and you will get it eventually, science is very illogical and abstract.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing my a levels so I guess you can figure it out.
    It's obviously completely up to you, but here's my suggestion-

I am a volunteer counsellor for childline, I think that it would be beneficial for you to give them a call on 0800 1111 or log in for a 1-2-1 online chat with a counsellor. Alternatively, you could have a look at their advice pages. Lots of things that you mentioned in this post are things that childline can support you with and offer you advice and guidance on

btw it's up to your 19th birthday

Having Aspergers is a lonely existence if I am honest I cannot make any meaningful friendship no matter how much I try and approach people but people do not seem to want to be friends but only reply out of politeness.I wish I could believe in me too I feel like I have nothing left to give.The psychiatrist thinks it is great disappointment which I guess caused me to go downhill.I have been rejected from all 5 sixth forms despite received 7A*'s and 3A's it would the final push.Loneliness+disappointment+r ejection=depression. I am doing decent in maths working on a B which isn't great I want an A in AS but it is not a U or an E like in biology and chemistry.Maths is logical and you will get it eventually, science is very illogical and abstract.
    i would be happy to talk to you regularly if u need someone to chat with, or alternatively you could talk to someone on childine like the other poster said. My friend with aspergers found friends by doing the things he loves, and found others with similar interests that got him going. Maybe u need a hobby to take some of that stress off. Do you have any?

i would be happy to talk to you regularly if u need someone to chat with, or alternatively you could talk to someone on childine like the other poster said. My friend with aspergers found friends by doing the things he loves, and found others with similar interests that got him going. Maybe u need a hobby to take some of that stress off. Do you have any?
    I don't really have a hobby.I have an interest in maths and science but that is about it.

I was in the same kind of situation. Majority A*s at GCSE and always wanted to do medicine also but basically went a bit off the rails near the end of AS and flunked, had to be hospitalised and got recently diagnosed with bipolar affective disorder. When I was diagnosed I was so upset about it, hated having the label etc but luckily my healthcare team and school actually believed in me and advised I redo my AS levels. A year and a bit later, I’ve applied to medicine, achieved all As at AS and am predicted all A*s for this year. And ironically, being diagnosed has actually helped universities understand the situation better so I’ve been able to apply to universities that I actually wanted to before everything happened.
    Basically what I’m trying to say is even though it’s a bit undignifying getting help, it really is worth it. Try the best you can, listen to all that your doctor suggests, do things like exercise regularly as it helps with depression and make sure you take all your meds if given any- CBT is also really useful and I’d recommend that. Take each week or each day as it comes and focus on making small bits of progress each week or two- e.g. aim for one grade higher on the next Hw or test each time, slowly working up to where you want to be. Exams are worlds away at the moment, I believe you can get there, focus on the good things that you have at the moment.

I think something that is really important to mention is that if you’ve been diagnosed, you know that the grades you’re getting aren’t entirely reflective of who you actually are- it’s more the illness talking. Once you begin to progress more with help esp CBT, cognitive behavioural therapy, you’ll feel less like you’re bottling everything up and so will be able to work as you used to once again.

Hope you get well soon, I believe in you and I’m sure many others do.

Also I took up a new hobby of having regular pamper nights at the end of the evening to decompress and started swimming lessons once I felt more in control of things
    I know my illness is different to yours but part of mine is depression so I feel I have some credibility saying these things

I was in the same kind of situation. Majority A*s at GCSE and always wanted to do medicine also but basically went a bit off the rails near the end of AS and flunked, had to be hospitalised and got recently diagnosed with bipolar affective disorder. When I was diagnosed I was so upset about it, hated having the label etc but luckily my healthcare team and school actually believed in me and advised I redo my AS levels. A year and a bit later, I’ve applied to medicine, achieved all As at AS and am predicted all A*s for this year. And ironically, being diagnosed has actually helped universities understand the situation better so I’ve been able to apply to universities that I actually wanted to before everything happened.
    Basically what I’m trying to say is even though it’s a bit undignifying getting help, it really is worth it. Try the best you can, listen to all that your doctor suggests, do things like exercise regularly as it helps with depression and make sure you take all your meds if given any- CBT is also really useful and I’d recommend that. Take each week or each day as it comes and focus on making small bits of progress each week or two- e.g. aim for one grade higher on the next Hw or test each time, slowly working up to where you want to be. Exams are worlds away at the moment, I believe you can get there, focus on the good things that you have at the moment.

I think something that is really important to mention is that if you’ve been diagnosed, you know that the grades you’re getting aren’t entirely reflective of who you actually are- it’s more the illness talking. Once you begin to progress more with help esp CBT, cognitive behavioural therapy, you’ll feel less like you’re bottling everything up and so will be able to work as you used to once again.

Hope you get well soon, I believe in you and I’m sure many others do.
    Thank you for your reply.How are things going for you?Did you end up applying for medicine or did you end up changing your mind?I hope the therapy will help but when not sure when it will start so it could take a while for the referral.I know it is not me I know I am not an U or E grade student.I feel like my teachers have no idea what is going on to be honest.Would it be a good idea to stay home when I feel unwell mentally?My mum always makes me go.I cannot exercise I am underweight and I cannot physically do it anymore as a result.The psychiatrist did not really give any suggestion as she said she is not the person for the job.How did you take 1 step at a time and sort of start changing.To do lists don't really work if I am honest.I don't want to aim high as I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment still not myself if I am honest.I feel as if I am not ready yet as mentally I am still weak and unwell.

Also I took up a new hobby of having regular pamper nights at the end of the evening to decompress and started swimming lessons once I felt more in control of things
    I know my illness is different to yours but part of mine is depression so I feel I have some credibility saying these things
    Not sure which hobby to be honest to do I used to binge watch science videos it made me feel so good about myself as I would be closer to my goal of being well educated.But I no longer feel good about myself so I mostly lay in bed as doing none sense on the computer makes me feel even worse about myself so unless I am doing something good I tend to lay in bed or clean or walk around the house.I cannot swim and I am not allowed to exercise excessively.Any good suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Who bloody isn't these days

If not depression it's bloody mental health :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Who bloody isn't these days

If not depression it's bloody mental health :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Feeling depressed and being diagnosed with clinical depression is very different.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.