Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied with ABB for biomed to 5 uni's which all require ABB. I've got one offer so far however I sent my application off like 15th October and some of my friends at school already have 3 offers for courses such as economics. I'm feeling slightly anxious. Is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PleaseHelppppp)
    Ive applied with ABB for biomed to 5 uni's which all require ABB. I've got one offer so far however I sent my application off like 15th October and some of my friends at school already have 3 offers for courses such as economics. I'm feeling slightly anxious. Is this normal?
    Some unis reply within a week and others take months! Some unis wont even look at applications until the 15th Jan deadline. Youve applied for unis that match your predicted grades so im 99.9% you will get offers from all of them. Dont stress

ReputationRep:
    Different university departments/schools/colleges do things differently. Don't be surprised if it takes you ages to hear back.

E.g. All of my university choices responded to me by Christmas last year, apart from Sheffield which took ages.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok thanks
    Out of curiosity, where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleighm18)
    Out of curiosity, where have you applied?
    St George's, Surrey, Cardiff, Warwick and Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    St George's, Surrey, Cardiff, Warwick and Leicester.
    I applied for biomed last year and Warwick replied pretty quickly. However Cardiff took ages and was my last offer to come through!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for biomed last year and Warwick replied pretty quickly. However Cardiff took ages and was my last offer to come through!
    Which uni do you go now?

ReputationRep:
    Which uni do you go now?
    I got into my insurance choice which was Nottingham Trent Uni however they couldnt get me any accommodation on the science campus. So im taking a gap year and reapplying this year. Its quite good that im reapplying as ive changed my mind from biomed to biological sciences

ReputationRep:
    I got into my insurance choice which was Nottingham Trent Uni however they couldnt get me any accommodation on the science campus. So im taking a gap year and reapplying this year. Its quite good that im reapplying as ive changed my mind from biomed to biological sciences
    How come u changed ur mind?

ReputationRep:
    How come u changed ur mind?
    Biomed is quite clinical and focusses a lot on diseases and illnesses.

I really enjoyed learning about pretty much everything in A level biology and didnt want to limit myself to just one thing. However, in biological sciences you can always transfer to biomed if you wanted to

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.