Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls don't like me? Watch

As a female, after looking at your instagram I'd say it's a little too immature and sexually explicit with maybe a few too many cringey selfies. That being said, don't change yourself because of one person's opinion. Maybe just improve a few little things and trust me, in time you'll find your perfect match. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I saw your instagram, I would say you're pretty average looking

and girls will often say things like that, but behind the scenes do the complete opposite.

I've done a fair few online experiments on dating sites and looks is 100% the main thing they go for...
    I suggest you do the same, make a profile of a really good looking guy and give him a crap personality, then delete that and make a profile of an average guy and give him the best personality you can. ...and note the difference in interest.....

very eye opening..............
    (Original post by Adam.C123)
    x
    lol can 100% confirm. Spent a month getting no matches on tinder. Swapped some picks around a couple days ago and I'm getting ****loads of matches now. Went from 5 matches in the past month to 40 in the past 2-3 days rofl. I thought they were all bots at first. After swapping the pics and resetting the app.

OP go on tinder and get better pics :laugh:

Here is the successful pix formula I'm using thats working lol.
    1 Face pic
    1 outdoorsy adventure pic in exotic location (Just climbed out of a river / waterfall in thejungle)
    1 outdoorsy pic where I'm hanging off a branch with my feet touching a river lol.
    2 social pics with other girls
    1 slutty abs pic in my kitchen :laugh:(optional. I think you just get more slutty girl matches if you have a pic like that)

So ye you just need a couple pics doing something that looks fun outside, cus 50% of girls on tinder have "omg I loooove travelling" in their bio. And some pics with some girls to show them you're not a rapist (since other girls are hanging out with you lol). I used pics with my sister and my ex + her friends.
    And edit your photos if they look dark and miserable. Like increase the brightness. So it gives off happy rainbow vibes lol.

I reckon if you give off depressing emo vibes with *****y photos they think you're a lonely rapist and swipe left.

Before hand I just had a bunch of selfies and pics of me on my own. The lighting in the pics was kinda dark as well. So I prob looked like a sad c*nt .

ReputationRep:
    Why? It is so hard to get girls.
    I never get anywhere with girls, they laugh at my jokes, like my sense of humour and so on.
    I am somewhat confident, not overly however I am certainty not shy.
    Then looks wise I am average, which I think is all men need if they have a personality, from what people I know.
    My facebook is facebook.com/adam.crawford.33
    Are you approaching average looking girls?

ReputationRep:
    This is why Weinstein did what he did :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do you have red hair? that could be your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spheniscidae2039)
    Are you approaching average looking girls?
    No I don't approach anyone, because they won't like me either.

ReputationRep:
    Do lads like you...? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How can you say you never get anywhere with girls when you don't even approach them? You haven't even tried.

ReputationRep:
    By the way I do a lot of people want, funny, dress well, pretend to be confident, smell nice, passionate and ambitious

ReputationRep:
    How can you say you never get anywhere with girls if you don't even approach them? You haven't even tried.
    Why approach when you know the answer is a no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I saw your instagram, I would say you're pretty average looking

and girls will often say things like that, but behind the scenes do the complete opposite.

I've done a fair few online experiments on dating sites and looks is 100% the main thing they go for...
    I suggest you do the same, make a profile of a really good looking guy and give him a crap personality, then delete that and make a profile of an average guy and give him the best personality you can. ...and note the difference in interest.....

very eye opening..............
    youve got insta?!!?!!!

ReputationRep:
    Why approach when you know the answer is a no?
    This is ridiculous. Ask some girls out, and then come back for advice. You say it's "hard" but you haven't made the bare minimum of effort.

Clearly the opposite is true and that is the real issue here.

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous. Ask some girls out, and then come back for advice. You say it's "hard" but you haven't made the bare minimum of effort.

Clearly the opposite is true and that is the real issue here.
    I don't because all girls I know are either
    A)in a relationship
    B) Out of my league
    C) Not for me, have a chavy voice, into tattoos, like talking about xfactor and that all other non-sense.

There was one girl but she rejected me, if she didn't say yes then very few if any would say yes.

ReputationRep:
    I don't because all girls I know are either
    A)in a relationship
    B) Out of my league
    C) Not for me, have a chavy voice, into tattoos, like talking about xfactor and that all other non-sense.
    If you don't know any single average single girls who aren't tatooed etc. you need to broaden your social circle. Except for the X-factor thing, the majority of girls meet your criteria.

There was one girl but she rejected me, if she didn't say yes then very few if any would say yes.
    Why would you think that? Different people have different preferences. You don't like girls who have tattoos or like X-factor. Does that mean that no other guys do? Of course not. The fact that one girl isn't into you doesn't mean that no other girls will be.

ReputationRep:
    While when I compliment girls in real life, they don't take me seriously. Which I can get because I am not a serious person.
    I mean, if you set that image of yourself, how are people supposed to take you? If you don't present yourself seriously, online or not, they ain't gonna take you seriously. (But thats my opinion)

ReputationRep:
    Why? It is so hard to get girls.
    I never get anywhere with girls, they laugh at my jokes, like my sense of humour and so on.
    Then looks wise I am average, which I think is all men need if they have a personality, from what people I know.
    My facebook is facebook.com/adam.crawford.33
    I couldnt find your insta, but here's my advice to you,

I never think there is a set formula or way of getting a girlfriend the more you look the less likely you are to find one it seems to be.
    Just get out there be yourself around people, meet some new people, and hopefully before long there will be someone that you will find a interest in. The more you force it, the higher the expectations youre going to set for yourself and may accidentally neglect something you may already have

Is there anything you could do, or do do that may allow you to meet new people?

Don't go out, with just the sole intention of getting a girlfriend as you will come across as desperate, and desperation is seen as a bit of a turn off!

Why don't you go out and join some clubs and societies? Carry on being sociable and see where life takes you...

Opportunities will arise in life all the time where you meet new people. If you get along well, try asking them out for a drink or something - no harm in trying. As long as you're not going out to just actively seek a girlfriend.

Alternatively, you could always try joining Match.com... ?

girls normally go for guys who are mature and know how to respect a girl too, as well as knowing when to have a laugh and when to be serious too, there has to be a balance

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know any single average single girls who aren't tatooed etc. you need to broaden your social circle. Except for the X-factor thing, the majority of girls meet your criteria.

I don't really have a social circle, most of my friends live elsewhere.
    I can't think of many if any to be honest.

Why would you think that? Different people have different preferences. You don't like girls who have tattoos or like X-factor. Does that mean that no other guys do? Of course not. The fact that one girl isn't into you doesn't mean that no other girls will be.
    I get that, however she was the only non-tattooed single girl, my point about tattoos, xfactor and all that is, that I don't like normies. Ie people who are more concerned about mainstream culture such as One Direction or Big Bother than important stuff like politics, economics and so on.

Ok, then explain why do guys who are average get attractive girls?

I've had multiple girlfriends and I've had a few one night stands. Oh and I'm fat and balding 4/10 at 21 but i love myself and I don't put girls on a pedestal... I.E I don't do things to hook up with women i just live my life the way I want to live it! Don't make excuses confidence is the sexiest thing in the world. Also don't listen to womens advice on how to pick them up... they don't know what they want. Hope you find some enlightment and not make any more excuses! Also check out how max use to look when he started off, he looked like a 4/10 lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    I couldnt find your insta, but here's my advice to you,

I never think there is a set formula or way of getting a girlfriend the more you look the less likely you are to find one it seems to be.
    Just get out there be yourself around people, meet some new people, and hopefully before long there will be someone that you will find a interest in. The more you force it, the higher the expectations youre going to set for yourself and may accidentally neglect something you may already have

Is there anything you could do, or do do that may allow you to meet new people?

Don't go out, with just the sole intention of getting a girlfriend as you will come across as desperate, and desperation is seen as a bit of a turn off!

Why don't you go out and join some clubs and societies? Carry on being sociable and see where life takes you...

Opportunities will arise in life all the time where you meet new people. If you get along well, try asking them out for a drink or something - no harm in trying. As long as you're not going out to just actively seek a girlfriend.

Alternatively, you could always try joining Match.com... ?

girls normally go for guys who are mature and know how to respect a girl too, as well as knowing when to have a laugh and when to be serious too, there has to be a balance
    I have been doing that for years and nothing improves, you know?

I don't go to clubs, societies etc because I don't really leave my house outside work (I am deeply depressed). About from politics, I have no real interests.

People say opportunities arise where you meet new people, but it rarely happens for me.

I tried Match.com and there was three girls between 18-22 who used it who lived within 30 miles of me, in other words They were all single mums who smoke, not exactly my cup of tea.

That is not true, from my experience.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You need to stop looking and focus on getting new hobbies and interests. Girls don't like a boring or desperate guy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.