Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What personality do the UK company search for? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I am very confident in my math, so the numeral part is not a problem for me. However, I failed the GSK and UBS online test. I think these companies do not like my answers which reflect the personality and my thinking methods to the specific working situation problems.
    I am really curious about the answers to the working situation problems solving and dealing! Could someone talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    For SJT tests, from the top of my head, you've got to show the following
    - a willingness to learn, try new things, not refuse new challenges, help people
    - not always bug your boss and keep asking for help when they are busy, use your initiative
    - be honest with mistakes, dont hide issues, dont be afraid to challenge certain people in the right way
    - keep the client the main centre of what you do
    - use your time productively, its not always about 'staying late, rush and get it compete' - dont be afraid to miss a previous set deadline as long as you inform your boss you may be late
    - be open: if theres an issue with your data in your presentation, or future issues you've only just found out about, then dont be afraid of highlighting that and make the best of what you have got

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BusMan21)
    For SJT tests, from the top of my head, you've got to show the following
    - a willingness to learn, try new things, not refuse new challenges, help people
    - not always bug your boss and keep asking for help when they are busy, use your initiative
    - be honest with mistakes, dont hide issues, dont be afraid to challenge certain people in the right way
    - keep the client the main centre of what you do
    - use your time productively, its not always about 'staying late, rush and get it compete' - dont be afraid to miss a previous set deadline as long as you inform your boss you may be late
    - be open: if theres an issue with your data in your presentation, or future issues you've only just found out about, then dont be afraid of highlighting that and make the best of what you have got
    Thank you very much! One more question, how to answer the accident working issues, for example, some unexpected things happened, should I ask senior colleagues to give help or other options? And stuff like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ztz510880394)
    Thank you very much! One more question, how to answer the accident working issues, for example, some unexpected things happened, should I ask senior colleagues to give help or other options? And stuff like that?
    I would prioritise being honest and open and asking people who have been in similar questions for guidance instead of asking your boss to tell you what to do and (since he/she will be busy/senior/cant give better advice than other colleagues)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BusMan21)
    I would prioritise being honest and open and asking people who have been in similar questions for guidance instead of asking your boss to tell you what to do and (since he/she will be busy/senior/cant give better advice than other colleagues)
    Thank you very much! Moreover, I met a question that asked me to do a decision. A delivery team who transported medicines met a situation that the police required traffic fees. Otherwise, they can only choose a distant road and spend more time and miss the deadline. So should I determine to pay the accident fees or ask the drivers choose other roads? This kind of decision-making test what kind of qualities?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much! Moreover, I met a question that asked me to do a decision. A delivery team who transported medicines met a situation that the police required traffic fees. Otherwise, they can only choose a distant road and spend more time and miss the deadline. So should I determine to pay the accident fees or ask the drivers choose other roads? This kind of decision-making test what kind of qualities?
    That's a weird one. Was there a deadline? Was there a specific preference outlined in the question which one to choose?

Sounds like there is a deadline and a task that must be completed, so that's the most important thing. So maybe you'd need to decide on paying fees for quicker road.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Choose the option that is the most efficient not only for you but also for the team you’d be working in. Sometimes that is asking for colleagues, sometimes it is not - really depends on the detail of the scenario
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Choose the option that is the most efficient not only for you but also for the team you’d be working in. Sometimes that is asking for colleagues, sometimes it is not - really depends on the detail of the scenario
    Thank you so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.