Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am applying to Universities and will be applying to Foundation Science Year courses. However, I have a few questions regarding my personal statement. Firstly, do I need to be specific in my personal statement or could I aim it towards healthcare in general? Secondly, if I need to be specific, would it be possible for me to include both Optometry and Pharmacy in one personal statement? The reason for this is that not most universities offer a foundation year for optometry, therefore I'd like a back-up - that being pharmacy. How would I include both in one personal statement?
    Thank you x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweetheart<3)
    I am applying to Universities and will be applying to Foundation Science Year courses. However, I have a few questions regarding my personal statement. Firstly, do I need to be specific in my personal statement or could I aim it towards healthcare in general? Secondly, if I need to be specific, would it be possible for me to include both Optometry and Pharmacy in one personal statement? The reason for this is that not most universities offer a foundation year for optometry, therefore I'd like a back-up - that being pharmacy. How would I include both in one personal statement?
    Thank you x
    As you have a few different interests keep it general and maybe briefly mention that you have an interest in a couple of different aspects of healthcare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    As you have a few different interests keep it general and maybe briefly mention that you have an interest in a couple of different aspects of healthcare.
    Do you know anyone who has applied to a foundation science year course? Yes, that is what I am hoping to do. Should I talk about healthcare in general and then briefly mention optometry and pharmacy?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweetheart&lt;3)
    Do you know anyone who has applied to a foundation science year course? Yes, that is what I am hoping to do. Should I talk about healthcare in general and then briefly mention optometry and pharmacy?
    That’s exactly what I said! Try TSR Connect which allows you to search for students by year course and subject.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    That’s exactly what I said! Try TSR Connect which allows you to search for students by year course and subject.
    Thank you x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.