The Student Room Group

Should I quit my job?

Okay, so I’ve currently got a part time job working on weekends. But I really don’t like the job at all, and feel like I’m not very good at it either 🙈 plus, I don’t get many shifts. I’ve just been offered a job at Wilko for weekends but it’s only temporary with the chance that I’ll be made permanent! I don’t know whether I should risk quitting my current job or not?
Reply 1
if the temporary shifts are more often and regular and more enjoyable than your current job then go for it, you can always keep looking while you're at wilko incase they don't keep you permanent.

lifes too short to do something you don't enjoy!
Hi Libbyg33,

I understand your exact position as it's one I faced not too long ago also. Squeak makes a good point, if the temporary shifts are going to be more often and regular and something you know that you'll enjoy more than I would absolutely say go for it. Not only will you be happier doing it, but a happy worker does greater work (and often more of it too!). If there's also a chance of it being made permanent, that's even more of a bonus.

In your current position, you're not happy, you obviously don't feel valued at the job and you don't seem very confident with it either if you don't feel you're good at it. It seems like you've tried it and you need to move on and try something else.

Try not to dwell on the fact that it may be temporary, only the part that it could become permanent. Just make sure that financially you would be able to keep yourself going if the temporary job ended and didn't turn permanent and you had to find employment again. (I also hear Wilko are pretty nice to work for, I have a friend who worked for them a while ago before moving to a graduate job and he loved it but I guess that's entirely opinion)
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending