:heart:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Update #3 - Did I actually do work?!

The answer is yes!!! :woo::party::party2:

After being ill for a short while, from a nasty bug, I feel back to normal! :ahee: Honey and lemon has done me well! Although it tasted horrible... I love lemon and I also love honey, but the combination of the 2 tasted horrible! :puke: :/

So, Christmas songs have already started playing on the radio... I think this is something to discuss. Do you think it's too early to play them or not? I love Christmas, but IMO I think that they should only be played in the December month :yep: it's wayyyyy too early for them to be played now! :noway:

Someone even put the Christmas decorations up in our common room, which was then taken down by our head of year :lol: I then found the Christmas decorations which were taken down wrapped around my car (They did a good job at sellotaping it all on :/ )

And now for all the school boring stuff :giggle: :

Biology

We did a test on the "Cell Structures and Organisation" topic, and I managed to get 42/44 marks, which I was very shocked with :lol: I was expecting not even half of the paper answered correctly :rofl:

I have also made some posters, which are very, very colourful! :laugh: (I shall attach pictures of them in the next update )

The posters I have made are on the topics of: The 4 forms of transport across a membrane, The phospholipid bilayer (Fluid mosaic model), Carbohydrates and Proteins.

Chemistry

Chemistry I'm still very confident in, so far. This year I seem to get it a lot more. :yep:

We've been given so much Chemistry homework recently (as we have 3 teachers for Chemistry), but I've completed most of them in supervised study. :yes:

Maths

*Insert Statistics rant here*

Stats is still a little difficult and infuriating at times, as I never did it last year and it looks completely different to what I did at GCSE, but I'm just practising the questions over and over again, and slowly but surely, practice will make perfect

Pure and Mechanics however, I'm finding very easy at the moment :yes: (I'm sure this won't last for long though :laugh: )

End of Update #3

Spoiler:
    Show

Let's hope there's no mistakes in this Update this time... HappyJellyfish

- Sheepy

Other fellow sheep:

Tags

(Original post by EmilySarah00)
    x
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    x
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    x
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    x
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    x
    (Original post by _gcx)
    x
    (Original post by Black Water)
    x
    (Original post by em_lj)
    x
    (Original post by luberry)
    x
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    Update #3 - Did I actually do work?!

The answer is yes!!! :woo::party::party2:

So, Christmas songs have already started playing on the radio... I think this is something to discuss. Do you think it's too early to play them or not? I love Christmas, but IMO I think that they should only be played in the December month :yep: it's wayyyyy too early for them to be played now! :noway:
    Yayaya an update!!

I know that it’s probably too early, but I’m already guilty of playing Christmas tunes and even already putting a tree up in my room! :laugh:

Also making posters I see? Let’s hope I inspired you to that! :giggle:
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    [Insert gif of Car wrapped in tinsel]
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Yayaya an update!!

I know that it’s probably too early, but I’m already guilty of playing Christmas tunes and even already putting a tree up in my room! :laugh:

Also making posters I see? Let’s hope I inspired you to that! :giggle:
    An update finally came :lol:

It's wayyyyyyyyyy too early to listen to them though :noway:

Definitely didn't steal the idea of making posters from you :wink2:

[Insert gif of Car wrapped in tinsel]
    If my friend still has the pictures, I'll post them on here.

It was a nightmare to take off They sellotaped my doors shut as well :/

ReputationRep:
    An update finally came :lol:

It's wayyyyyyyyyy too early to listen to them though :noway:

Definitely didn't steal the idea of making posters from you :wink2:
    You know I'm always miserable, need some festivity to cheer myself up! :laugh:

And I'm eagerly awaiting pictures of said posters now! :wink2:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    New pictures emerge of RoyalSheepy's car:

http://sr3.perrys.co.uk/car-news/wp-...ped_1500x0.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Updating every other day you say? :hmmmm:

Spoiler:
    Show

Joking of course, I know you're busy :teehee:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Update #4 - Snow, snow, snow!

Finally, an update is out... (Apologies for the delay of the update, by quite a while ) :laugh:

So, for the whole day it's been snowing non-stop over here, it's been ridiculous. I couldn't even get to school this morning, as there'd been an accident just down the road from me which'd blocked the whole road. But school ended up closing anyways, as it snowed more there than it did here. So I've been busy today... having snowball fights. :lol: In summary, not a productive day :erm:

Also, can you believe it's December already??? It'll be Christmas in no time! :woo: :santa3:

So, a bit of an update on how I'm doing with my subjects:

Biology

We've now done the 'Enzymes' topic, which was easy peasy Basically, just mention "enzyme-substrate-complex" in every answer and you've got at least 1/2 marks. :lol:

I'm now on the 'Nucleic acids' topic, which wasn't my favourite last year... but I'm determined to improve on that topic this year... if I get some motivation.

Chemistry

In Chemistry, we're finishing off our 2nd to last topic in Unit 1, which is called 'The periodic table'. The topic is all about trends in reactivity, and so we have to learn which compounds are insoluble in solution and which are soluble and also what colour the insoluble compounds are, (it's a lot easier than it sounds, if you learn the trends). This was a topic I absolutely despised last year, but this year I'm finding it alright :yes:... Probably because I actually listen in class now :lol:

Maths

You'll be glad to know, there's no rants about Stats... so far.

The topic which we're on for Stats now, 'Linear regression', is rather easy. The only thing I'm struggling on that is just not answering the question in context to the description of the question, which I'm improving on now.

Key dates:
    M o c k s

Biology Mock exam - 15th Jan, 2018

Chemistry Mock exam - TBC

Maths Mock exam - TBC

The flock:
    Taglist

x
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    x
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    x
    x
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    x
    (Original post by _gcx)
    x
    (Original post by Black Water)
    x
    (Original post by em_lj)
    x
    (Original post by luberry)
    x
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    x
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm trying to work out if I'm jealous of the snow or not...on one hand I hate it,but on the other hand today is the worst day on my timetable so I would have loved to have had it off!
    And stats is great, just ask _gcx Glad there's no complaints about it
    I swear I've just learnt more about chemistry from your one paragraph than from the notes my teacher makes us write (while not teaching us anything!) We're meant to know which compounds are soluble and the colours of the insoluble ones? Why could my teacher not have put it like that :facepalm: I shall have to find them out tomorrow :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    And stats is great, just ask _gcx
    why me

don't even do maths
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by _gcx)
    why me

don't even do maths
    :rofl: Possibly linked to the fact you finally stopped insulting stats this week :smug:

ReputationRep:
    I’m jealous of the snow! :sad: Just wanted the day off to be honest, here’s to Monday being a snow day! :woo:

Also glad you’re not complaining about Stats, it’s not as bad as you made it out to be! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Possibly linked to the fact you finally stopped insulting stats this week :smug:
    well blame my incompetent stats teacher for pushing me to self teach.

anyway RoyalSheepy stats gets progressively less painful. most intimidating thing in y1 is probably hypothesis testing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by _gcx)

anyway RoyalSheepy stats gets progressively less painful. most intimidating thing in y1 is probably hypothesis testing.
    Usually I hate incompetent teachers but I have to say I like this one, they've made a great change in you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Usually I hate incompetent teachers but I have to say I like this one, they've made a great change in you :yep:
    it'll be just as swell when my class fails their mocks, I'm sure
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by _gcx)
    it'll be just as swell when my class fails their mocks, I'm sure
    Not that bit...just the change they've made in you They can stop being incompetent now and start teaching properly
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I'm trying to work out if I'm jealous of the snow or not...on one hand I hate it,but on the other hand today is the worst day on my timetable so I would have loved to have had it off!
    And stats is great, just ask _gcx Glad there's no complaints about it
    I swear I've just learnt more about chemistry from your one paragraph than from the notes my teacher makes us write (while not teaching us anything!) We're meant to know which compounds are soluble and the colours of the insoluble ones? Why could my teacher not have put it like that :facepalm: I shall have to find them out tomorrow :yep:
    I love the snow!!! :heart: It hasn't snowed here in ages, so I'm so glad it's finally stuck to the ground :lol:

I'm starting to get Stats, but it doesn't help when our teacher is rubbish at explaining stuff :lol:

Yeah, we're supposed to know the trends in solubility, this is the table we made, for example:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 23.16.28.png
Views: 31
Size:  73.5 KB

This shows: as you go down group 2, solubility decreases for the sulphates. All the carbonates are insoluble. And solubility increases as you go down the group for the hydroxides. (I hope that kinda makes sense )

I’m jealous of the snow! :sad: Just wanted the day off to be honest, here’s to Monday being a snow day! :woo:

Also glad you’re not complaining about Stats, it’s not as bad as you made it out to be! :laugh:
    Gotta love some snow, even though I had the day off, I only missed 2 lessons :/ (wish it could've been more :lol:)

I still lowkey hate stats :eviltongue:

(Original post by _gcx)

My stats teacher is terrible at teaching us. She rushes through stuff too much; so I also end up being forced to self teach. :sadnod:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I love the snow!!! :heart: It hasn't snowed here in ages, so I'm so glad it's finally stuck to the ground :lol:

I'm starting to get Stats, but it doesn't help when our teacher is rubbish at explaining stuff :lol:

Yeah, we're supposed to know the trends in solubility, this is the table we made, for example:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 23.16.28.png
Views: 31
Size:  73.5 KB

This shows: as you go down group 2, solubility decreases for the sulphates. All the carbonates are insoluble. And solubility increases as you go down the group for the hydroxides. (I hope that kinda makes sense )

Gotta love some snow, even though I had the day off, I only missed 2 lessons :/ (wish it could've been more :lol:)

I still lowkey hate stats :eviltongue:

My stats teacher is terrible at teaching us. She rushes through stuff too much; so I also end up being forced to self teach. :sadnod:
    Lol our Stats teacher has barely taught us anything. Whatever slides she puts on is literally exactly the same as what’s in our stats book. Also whenever we have to answer questions it’s also literally copied from the book. We might as well teach ourselves, we don’t need a teacher like this.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.