Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He dumped her because she forgot to put her make up on? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My friend is 21 and has been seeing this guy who is 22 for just over a month.

They spend every day together but she's never slept over at his house.
    Until last weekend that is. They get on really well and she said she loved being at his house and loved spending time with him, that he is caring and sweet etc..

But she said the next morning when he came up with some breakfast in bed with her.
    When he walked in the room with her brekkie he looked at her in a weird way and she had no idea why. She said it was just for a brief second then he kind of looked normal again. But apparently, He was acting different, a bit standoffish.

She couldn't think of anything she'd done wrong but asked him if he was ok as he was quiet. He said he was fine and she thought no more of it. Untill she went to shower in the bathroom and change and looked in the mirror. Then it dawned on her that her make-up had come off completely.. and she'd forgotten to touch it up before he woke.

She's one of these girls who wears quite a lot, and she's stunning with it on but slightly above average with it off.

She went home about an hour after as she had college that afternoon.
    Now this saturday and he's not really answering her messages properly. It takes him ages to reply (it never used to) and he just writes the bare minimum response. When she rings it goes to voicemail or he answers but she's struggling to make conversation with him as he doesn't really say much to her. She told me he sounded really awkward as if something was wrong.

She know thinks he has dumped her/ or is about to dump her because he saw her with no make up. She said it explains why he gave her a strange look then was funny with her afterwards.

Would a guy really act like this?

ReputationRep:
    I get why he's acting like that, his fault though really, if she clearly wears loads then she's obviously going to look very different without it.

ReputationRep:
    Ngl that is really sad. Like did this guy rlly think she will look the same? He's trash

ReputationRep:
    She can do better. Some (not all) guys are more into looks and of course she'll look different without makeup on

ReputationRep:
    They’ll have the best make up sex.

ReputationRep:
    Advice your friend to apply minimum makeup for a while until he gets used to it. Guys are easily fooled, if you slap on 10kg of makeup they actually think you woke up like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michellincaptain)
    I get why he's acting like that, his fault though really, if she clearly wears loads then she's obviously going to look very different without it.
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    Ngl that is really sad. Like did this guy rlly think she will look the same? He's trash
    (Original post by ~scorpio~)
    Advice your friend to apply minimum makeup for a while until he gets used to it. Guys are easily fooled, if you slap on 10kg of makeup they actually think you woke up like that!
    I agree! 👌

ReputationRep:
    Make up sounds like a stupid reason to break up over. Did your friend manage to talk to her boyfriend to see what is going on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michellincaptain)
    That's exactly what I told her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Make up sounds like a stupid reason to break up over. Did your friend manage to talk to her boyfriend to see what is going on?

She's tried but he just keeps saying there is nothing wrong. But, like she said to me earlier he's barely making any effort with her. She's rang him several times a day since Saturday, and out of say 15 calls he's answered about three or four times.
    She's texted random stuff to him like she normally would just making general chit chat and he's only replied to two or three texts out of about 10 she has sent him.

It does sound excessive the amount of calls/texts but they would speak for hours a day before this happened and he would initiate most of that so this normal for them. So for him to give blunt answers she is understandably concerned.

I feel for my friend a lot. She doesn't deserve this and is actually a pretty girl without make up and also with it on. She even did a bit of modelling on and off for years so clearly she's not ugly or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~scorpio~)

That's good advice. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    um sorry idk if ive misunderstood but did that girl sleep with makeup? because thats the bigger issue here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faloodeh)
    um sorry idk if ive misunderstood but did that girl sleep with makeup? because thats the bigger issue here
    Why's it the bigger issue?

I forget to take my make up off all the time.

But yeah, I guess she must of.

He'll realise it was a *****y thing to do once he's in a proper long term relationship with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess kimber)
    Why's it the bigger issue?

I forget to take my make up off all the time.

But yeah, I guess she must of.
    bad for your skin

ReputationRep:

Until last weekend that is. They get on really well and she said she loved being at his house and loved spending time with him, that he is caring and sweet etc..

But she said the next morning when he came up with some breakfast in bed with her.
    When he walked in the room with her brekkie he looked at her in a weird way and she had no idea why. She said it was just for a brief second then he kind of looked normal again. But apparently, He was acting different, a bit standoffish.

She couldn't think of anything she'd done wrong but asked him if he was ok as he was quiet. He said he was fine and she thought no more of it. Untill she went to shower in the bathroom and change and looked in the mirror. Then it dawned on her that her make-up had come off completely.. and she'd forgotten to touch it up before he woke.

She's one of these girls who wears quite a lot, and she's stunning with it on but slightly above average with it off.

Now this saturday and he's not really answering her messages properly. It takes him ages to reply (it never used to) and he just writes the bare minimum response. When she rings it goes to voicemail or he answers but she's struggling to make conversation with him as he doesn't really say much to her. She told me he sounded really awkward as if something was wrong.

She know thinks he has dumped her/ or is about to dump her because he saw her with no make up. She said it explains why he gave her a strange look then was funny with her afterwards.

He feels cheated

He thought he was getting an Iphone X
    but when he got it home and took it out the box he realised underneath all the pretty packaging it was just an Iphone 4

If you wear 3 pounds of makeup and jump from a 6 to a 9 ...then don't be surprised if you get a bit of a undesirable reaction when the guy see's you without your mask

ReputationRep:
    ".. and she'd forgotten to touch it up before he woke."

Looooooool

ReputationRep:

Well females look stunning with makeup, not so without. But he was shallow.

I love girls with makeup

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If she looks completely different without make up then she absolutely cannot expect him to find her just as attractive with a bare face. Obviously I encourage women to wear as much makeup as they want to, but also be ready to face the consequences of doing so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AcadeMia.)
    If she looks completely different without make up then she absolutely cannot expect him to find her just as attractive with a bare face. Obviously I encourage women to wear as much makeup as possible, but also be ready to face the consequences of doing so.
    Surely that means you should encourage them to wear less?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.