Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Priti Patel throws in the towel Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    I bet she called him Daddy Bibi
    Bibi became the shiksa mixa

(Original post by Qwalk)
    What should we do about the poo problem in our country?
    more designated streets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    Bibi became the shiksa mixa
    He's actually well known for Shiksa Mixa'ing

ReputationRep:
    He's actually well known for Shiksa Mixa'ing
    >tfw no poojina with scat fetish

ReputationRep:
    Resigned before being sacked. The unfairness is that Boris Johnson is still our Foreign Secretary. Boris must go.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine some old hag with zero mandate to rule actually thinking she has the right to tell you who you can speak with on private holidays

#AwayWithMay
    So you want our politicians having secret meetings with Israel?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaz254)
    So you want our politicians having secret meetings with Israel?
    I'd prefer they didn't need to be kept secret.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    As she should have. What she did was completely underhanded.

ReputationRep:
    It's got to the stage where things like this are just funny now. Thousands of people watching her plane as it scooted across central Europe has been a political highlight for me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Moved to UK politics as requested in OP.

As for the thread itself, it was coming. Patel doesn't have quite the popularity and power base of someone like Boris so was an easy lamb to throw to the lions and keep what remains of the notion that May has the ability to handle her cabinet intact.

(Original post by L i b)
    It's got to the stage where things like this are just funny now. Thousands of people watching her plane as it scooted across central Europe has been a political highlight for me.
    Yup I think flightradar24 highlighted there were 22000 people or so tracking her plane. It's almost paparazzi-esque.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why she was ever in the cabinet to begin with. The Conservatives can do much better

ReputationRep:
    I'm suspicious about this story. I think she was sent to Israel on a deniable government mission - it got found out in public, so now they have to denounce her for it and sack her.

The real question is - why the heck would a British government think that a good use of foreign aid money would be - the Israeli army? :rolleyes:

When we look at the Tory Party now, we are dealing with some very warped, deeply disturbing views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I'm suspicious about this story. I think she was sent to Israel on a deniable government mission - it got found out in public, so now they have to denounce her for it and sack her.

The real question is - why the heck would a British government think that a good use of foreign aid money would be - the Israeli army? :rolleyes:

When we look at the Tory Party now, we are dealing with some very warped, deeply disturbing views.
    although i personally have no problem supporting the IDF directly, it should be pointed out that the money was not going to soldiers but to help Syrian refugees in that part of Israel.

ReputationRep:
    Something very fishy about this. A future threat to May possibly neutralised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutz99)
    Something very fishy about this. A future threat to May possibly neutralised?
    It's tempting to interpret it a successful entrapment - but if so, perhaps the culprit is Boris - did he green-light this mission to her and then ensure she got humiliated for it? Did he want her out as she was drawing attention to his many failings?

The really pathetic character in the FO is Boris - the man is a trainwreck as Foreign Secretary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    although i personally have no problem supporting the IDF directly, it should be pointed out that the money was not going to soldiers but to help Syrian refugees in that part of Israel.
    It would appear so, judging from articles like this in the Times of Israel.
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-al...syrian-border/

ReputationRep:
    So it's to be Penny Mordaunt who replaces Priti.

Mordaunt is a Brexiteer, so evidently May is busy tick-boxing their demands,

From Wikipedia... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Mordaunt

"In a May 2016 BBC Television interview during the run-up to the EU membership referendum, Mourdant denied that the UK had a veto on Turkey joining the EU, despite Article 49 of the EU constitution requiring a unanimous vote of all 28 members of the General Council to allowing accession of a candidate state, thus creating a power of veto by a dissenting member nation.[30] She supported the leave, or Brexit, option in the campaign.[31] Prime Minister David Cameron stated her opinion was "completely wrong"[32] and Guy Verhofstadt called her statement "contemptible".[33]"

In the nutty world of Tory Brexit madness, this kind of blatant lying and fanning the flames of Brexiteer ignorance is apparently just what you need for the Foreign Office! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Golan heights is not part of Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    Golan heights is not part of Israel.
    sure it used to be claimed by the Amorites, but the tribes of Mannaseh, Gad & Reuben became the legitimate owners.

ReputationRep:
    sure it used to be claimed by the Amorites, but the tribes of Mannaseh, Gad & Reuben became the legitimate owners.
    Why did they become the legitimate owners?

ReputationRep:
    Thank goodness that's all settled then, otherwise one might think it a load of tosh written centuries after the fact by bigoted Torah-writers with very large axes to grind to justify a particular set of beliefs about who owned what. Hurrah that it wasn't that.

Now if you could just send over a copy of their land purchase agreements?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.