Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    If anyone has been to this please tell if it's worth going costs about £175
    Thank🙃

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    I've been using this forum to plan my interview prep, finally found a reason to fully sign up. I just returned from a course with the medic portal and feel that I haven't learned any more than I could have by reading information online. My course and questions were run by students. I am attending an ISC course soon, hopefully it will be much better!

In short, my advice, the medic portal is over rated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernard Albert)
    I've been using this forum to plan my interview prep, finally found a reason to fully sign up. I just returned from a course with the medic portal and feel that I haven't learned any more than I could have by reading information online. My course and questions were run by students. I am attending an ISC course soon, hopefully it will be much better!

In short, my advice, the medic portal is over rated.
    Many students (me included) didn't go on courses like these. Just keep asking questions here if you have any!

ReputationRep:
    Thousands of people who have not done these ££ courses pass medicine interviews. So that tells you that they are not essential prep.

And btw, at interview med schools can spot these rehearsed and over-slick answers a mile off - and they will deliberately then ask you an oblique question to test that, ie. is this 'learnt' or can you actually communicate spontaneously? That is when Medic Portal folk always fall apart.

Spend your money on something else

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! This forum has been an amazing amount of help. It surprises me how much of a reputation the medic portal has in schools and on this website. It worries me that people are paying so much right before their interviews to get better prepared for their interviews.

Unfortunately (and fortunately) I still have a lot of time as I haven't received an offer for an interview yet. I hear that they are still coming out, is that true? My school is terrible at providing information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Thousands of people who have not done these ££ courses pass medicine interviews. So that tells you that they are not essential prep.

And btw, at interview med schools can spot these rehearsed and over-slick answers a mile off - and they will deliberately then ask you an oblique question to test that, ie. is this 'learnt' or can you actually communicate spontaneously? That is when Medic Portal folk always fall apart.

Spend your money on something else
    You are right. At my interview me and the other interviewer spotted someone who has clearly memorised all her answers. Let's say it didn't end well for her (at our medical school anyway). Robotic answers are a definite no-go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernard Albert)
    I still have a lot of time as I haven't received an offer for an interview yet. I hear that they are still coming out, is that true? My school is terrible at providing information
    There is a very long way to go re. interview invitations. Most Unis have only just started sending out invites and wont do it all at once.

If you haven't heard anything by March, then you need to start worrying.

ReputationRep:
    I went on a 6med one yesterday for 129 and it was amazing. They give you a very nice 250 page handbook as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.