The Student Room Group

Boyfriend speaks Arabic

Scroll to see replies

You share a common language, English, so why does it even come up?
I speak English, Italian, French and some German.
My hubby only speaks English. It’s never even been discussed!!!!
I dated a guy who was half Arab, and although I speak Arabic I don’t remember when he ever spoke to me in Arabic lolol.
I don’t think you need to learn the language for you to stay together lolol
Bear in mind that, if you 'go home to meet the relatives', they may take up your passport - under the guise of 'registering you' - and you may find that you can't get it back. You then will not be able to leave the country. Watch the (somewhat old) movie titled: "Not Without My Daughter". This is a true story from about 10 yrs ago, about an American gal that married someone from the near east, went 'home' and found she couldn't leave. I don't believe that this could happen in a western country, but it certainly did there. Best of luck!!
Lol honey it won’t get more serious. You will never be arab and he can’t marry you because his fam would never let him. You are just sex to him. From someone who knows ...
Original post by imabadrobot
Gurl, take a chill pill sister, s'ok he'll love you regardless of your pronunciation of the arabic language

haha
Original post by Rabbit2
Bear in mind that, if you 'go home to meet the relatives', they may take up your passport - under the guise of 'registering you' - and you may find that you can't get it back. You then will not be able to leave the country. Watch the (somewhat old) movie titled: "Not Without My Daughter". This is a true story from about 10 yrs ago, about an American gal that married someone from the near east, went 'home' and found she couldn't leave. I don't believe that this could happen in a western country, but it certainly did there. Best of luck!!

lllloooooooooool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending