Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am roughly a month i guess into sixth form( year 12) and I am currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Psychology, however i am considering dropping psychology just to do 3 subjects.
    I want to pursue a career in Computer Science, therefore i want to study it in university; i am aiming for the top universities in this field e.g. Imperial, St Andrews, UCL etc. who have mostly all said to study this you will need a minimum of 1 A* and 2A's. Maths is needed, Further Maths is highly recommended (some saying they expect you to take it) and computer science is recommended but you don't need to take it. Now Psychology is on the list of subjects they accept however its like second to bottom on the list; but i picked it on results day just because it had peaked my interest at the time.
    I don't mind Psychology however i realise now that Maths and Further Maths take up quite a bit of my time (just in homework so far) leaving me with no time for revision, which i want to start as early as possible; and i haven't even started going into the harder topics yet.
    The thing is, speaking to some of my friends they say top universities might not pick me if i only do subjects related only to the course i want to do and that a different subject may help. However surely this justifies my passion for the subject( i also do as much extra curricular activities to show my ability out of academic circumstances also relating to computer science) furthermore, I know universities usually only care that you did 3. Another person said the UCAS points from AS in Psychology can help, but i thought that they don't focus mostly on points but that you got their required grades etc. Should i really drop P psychology or should i drop it ( btw i had planned originally to take it only for AS the drop it in year 13 if this helped)

ReputationRep:
    sxftyh

ReputationRep:
    Drop Psychology

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.