Easiest college to get into for medicine?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ticki)
Most of the applicants to Cambridge will have been predicted 3 As. Each of them will have approximately a one in three chance of getting in. As Geoff says, if you don't apply you will have NO chance of getting in. If you really like Cambridge and really want to study here, just apply! Every year some good candidates get turned away, just as every year some bad candidates slip through the net. We can't possibly say whether you'll get in or even how good your individual chances are but I'd strongly advise you to give it a go. Nobody likes to go through life wondering "what if...?"!
Wow....people actually read what i post

Yeah...Vicki just summed up what i think in her post....ta....less work required for me

G
Aussie
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I think if you want it enough, you'll get it somehow. Maybe not the way you first expect. Life is funny like that...
oldthrashbarg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Aussie)
I think if you want it enough, you'll get it somehow.
What on earth are you talking about?
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just wandered over to this board again.. anyway.. my 2p:

why the obsession with the 'easiest' college to get in?

ok..so imagine you scrape into the 'easiest' place, spend a year struggling because you're not really good enough & get kicked out after prelims (or whatever you people call them.. ) mmm..how prestigious.. "i'm a failed cambridge student.." :rolleyes:

so rather than purley being obsessed with 'getting in!' why not think about the uni/college as a whole, where you really want to go to & where would best suit you - especially for medicine where its the start of a whole career, rather than just a game to see if you can get in.

rant over
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so if you want to apply for cambridge you apply for a certain college? i thought you just put down cambridge on ucas
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
so if you want to apply for cambridge you apply for a certain college? i thought you just put down cambridge on ucas
2 ways:

1) apply to cambridge and choose a college directly.

2) apply to cambridge and choose 'open application'- you'll be allocated to one of the more unsersubscribed colleges to have interviews at

G
chats
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
2 ways:

1) apply to cambridge and choose a college directly.

2) apply to cambridge and choose 'open application'- you'll be allocated to one of the more unsersubscribed colleges to have interviews at

G

ok i see, thanks.

a bit like university of London, and applying for different colleges
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
cambridge consists of around 30 odd undergraduate colleges. everything you do is based around your college but syllabuses/lectures etc are set by the university. therefore many of your tutors can come from different colleges etc. when you graduate you get a degree awarded by the uni however.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by chats)
ok i see, thanks.

a bit like university of London, and applying for different colleges
Yeah...only difference is UofL college are large enough to be handled as individual universities....and organise their own teaching.

All subject teaching in lectures at Cam is done on a university wide level

G
Poc ar buile
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by confusd_puzzled)
I am thnking about applying to Cambridge for medicine in 2005. I know that i dont have much of a channce of getting an offer but i am willing to give it a go anyway, as most of the applicants have 100%.
Girton worked for me. We are all thick shits there... Dead bodies... Here I come..! *evil grin*
PDJM
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pol since you haven't actually started at Girton I hope that comment was intended as a joke; you will find once you are here that intellectual ability is not monopolised by any one college, and there are people of a wide range of abilities in all colleges. As a Girtonian myself I am neither "thick" nor wish to be labled so; you will find that your fellow medics are also not stupid.

PDJM
sTe\/o
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PDJM)
Pol since you haven't actually started at Girton I hope that comment was intended as a joke; you will find once you are here that intellectual ability is not monopolised by any one college, and there are people of a wide range of abilities in all colleges. As a Girtonian myself I am neither "thick" nor wish to be labled so; you will find that your fellow medics are also not stupid.

PDJM
Hear, hear!

Although I think he was joking!
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PDJM)

PDJM
think he intended for that to be a joke....don't think he meant it offensively
khil
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oldthrashbarg)
What on earth are you talking about?
I dunno why but that's funny
sTe\/o
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Aussie)
I think if you want it enough, you'll get it somehow. Maybe not the way you first expect. Life is funny like that...
Um... I want a cheeseburger with fries please.
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sbailey)
Um... I want a cheeseburger with fries please.
lol *the psychic McDonalds man hears his call, immediately jumps on his winged horse and flies to sbaileys' need*

there are some things we can get if we want them bad enough. otherwise a little thing called compromise comes into play
sTe\/o
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
there are some things we can get if we want them bad enough. otherwise a little thing called *compromise* comes into play
Awww man... but the cheese *makes* the burger!
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Awww man... but the cheese *makes* the burger!
but in typical argos style " a substitute to the product shown may be provided." in this case....no cheese my friend
sTe\/o
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
but in typical argos style " a substitute to the product shown may be provided." in this case....no cheese my friend
As Braveheart said, "They may take away our lives, but they'll never take away our cheese."

I rest my case.
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As Braveheart said, "They may take away our lives, but they'll never take away our cheese."

I rest my case.
I believe the full quote from braveheart is "They may take away our lives, but they'll never take away our cheese. Workers of all countries unite. You have nothing to lose but your wensleydale, you have a world to win"

MB
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1278)
79.73%
Leave (325)
20.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed