Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I’m trying to plan a trip potentially for sometime between Nov 2018 and Feb 2019. I can’t decide on where to go and need some ideas.

My main criteria are:

Somewhere that is suitable for a 10-14 day trip. Ideally I’d like to have scope to travel to 2 or 3 places within the same (or neighbouring if possible) country.

Somewhere outside of Europe (I’ve only been outside of Europe once and want to expand my horizons a tad)

Somewhere relatively easily accessible by flight - preferably no longer than 15hr flight. Budget for return flights around £500.

Somewhere with plenty to see/do - no preference over beaches vs inland cities/towns etc.

Somewhere relatively cheap - but this isn’t the most important factor as I’d be saving up.

Any ideas welcome - so far I’ve thought of: Costa Rica, Goa, Bali, Peru, Mexico, Cambodia.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    You've aked an insanely broad question there...

But... If you're looking at SE Asia its cheap, plenty of superb beaches, plenty of interesting cities and easy as getting around. personally i'd recommend Lombok as a perfect wee island to visit and Peninsula Malaya especially Penang. Also Singapore & HK

You could try some hopping around the Middle East [avoid the Emirates though] Such as Oman and Lebanon [Beirut was an absolute blast]

As for Africa and South America... the world is your oyster to be honest.
    • Political Ambassador

Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Chaz254)
    I heard that place is a blast
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2017
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.