Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I just got my essay results for one of my modules I got 32% so I've failed and I'm trying to find out why, considering I've never had anything below 60% in my marks, but I've failed the essay. It's worth 40% of the overall module grade. Does that mean I've failed the module?

Although the other course work is worth 60%, I still don't think that I'll get full marks to pass the module overall.

I have no idea what to do, I'm in fourth year, so I think I'm right in saying that if I fail a module I don't graduate the same time as everyone else?

Does anyone know what would happen in regards to resits or anything or appeals? It's never happened to me before and I am gutted.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can still pass the module depending on the rest of the assessment. If you do well it will pull your overall grade up.

If you do fail, talk to your tutor, it might be that you might have to resit. Appealing would depend on how close you were to the grade boundaries but it is not always successful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.