Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    That is what sexist people say, I am a feminist and when people come to me and ask me if boys are better, the simple answer is No. Women and Men are equal, nobody is better than anybody else, if you are wondering why I am writing this and what influenced me, well, it was my youngest cousin. Her name is Margo and she is 6. She came crying to me a few days ago and said she couldn't play football. (Margo's favourite thing to do is play football with the other kids) I asked her why and she told me a boy had told her she couldn't play simply because of her gender. Now, this infuriated me and no matter what I told her she would Not go to play football because she thought she wasn't good enough. I was wondering why that boy might have said that and I realised that boy wouldn't have came up with that conclusion himself, it would have been influenced. What are people putting into kids heads these days? I know he's only a child but this will be in his thoughts for a long while. And now? Now Margo never plays football no matter how hard I try to make her. When the other kids ask her to play she looks at the ground and says she can't. Do you know how that makes me feel? Sick. Sick that someone ruined her dignity, Now she will grow up thinking she can't play football and that boys are better than girls. No matter what I say to her or anyone else. Well done world.

Sorry for my long rant but I just needed to get it out so yeah
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    No one thinks girls "can't" play football, they just won't be as good as boys on average because of biological reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Idk man but if one dude saying that is crushing your world I don’t really know what to say. At that’s age it’s all like that they’re 6. Maybe use this to teach her about self worth and how someone’s opinion doesn’t make a fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casisalive)
    Idk man but if one dude saying that is crushing your world I don’t really know what to say. At that’s age it’s all like that they’re 6. Maybe use this to teach her about self worth and how someone’s opinion doesn’t make a fact.
    I agree!

ReputationRep:
    No sympathy, her fault for choosing to be a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaboi)
    No sympathy, her fault for choosing to be a woman.
    Wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casisalive)
    Mhm.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SmartUnicorn)
    Wtf?
    Trying to trigger you. Just ignore everyone and focus on yourself. It's your life and if you let other peoples words affect you then you will not go far. Stay to yourself and anyone who looks down on you because of your gender is just an ignorant prick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartUnicorn)
    Mhm.
    2017 nearly 2018

you choose your gender in this day and age

get with it

ReputationRep:
    Feminism is detrimental to women. I was a feminist, a feminazi as some might have called it, but then i actually began educating myself. getting news from sources other than BBC and buzzfeed. Biologically men are generally stronger than women. That's just a fact. Women can do whatever the heck they want in Britain, and if you're dumb enough to buy into the feminist agenda of victimhood and man-hating then for the love of god I hope you can educate yourself as I did. Also, does it really matter? She's six years old. And I bet money that her school has a football team she would be encouraged to join by her teachers. I'd love to see this passion you have for a 6-year-old child's silly statement, be put into something of actual importance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huffle)
    Feminism is detrimental to women. I was a feminist, a feminazi as some might have called it, but then i actually began educating myself. getting news from sources other than BBC and buzzfeed. Biologically men are generally stronger than women. That's just a fact. Women can do whatever the heck they want in Britain, and if you're dumb enough to buy into the feminist agenda of victimhood and man-hating then for the love of god I hope you can educate yourself as I did. Also, does it really matter? She's six years old. And I bet money that her school has a football team she would be encouraged to join by her teachers. I'd love to see this passion you have for a 6-year-old child's silly statement, be put into something of actual importance.
    Like?...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry that’s ridiculous- it’s pretty much a perpetual belief that girls are no good at football, among other sports. Good for you if you acknowledge that girls are fully capable of being good footballers, but the ‘scientifically proven’ **** is an awful excuse- yes it’s proven that boys are, on average, bigger and stronger, but that only encourages people to believe that, because some boys are bigger and stronger and some girls aren’t good at football, all girls are incapable and you’d be an idiot to dismiss that belief- one we see demonstrated all the time.

ReputationRep:
    hm let's see...
    Chechnya's Gay purge?
    the systematic imbalance of male-specific cancer research funding?
    Human rights crisis in North Korea?
    literacy rates in Afghanistan?
    media bias and it's affect on young people?
    young boys being wrongly diagnosed with ADHD on a huge level?
    These are just a few things I've been looking into lately, but you can basically scroll through any news app and find something significantly more important.

ReputationRep:
    The title of this thread made my eye twitch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    No one thinks girls "can't" play football, they just won't be as good as boys on average because of biological reasons.
    lol? those biological reasons barely apply at age 6. I was stronger than some boys at age 6 and played football better than them too.

people/parents need to stop instilling this idea that girls cant play football or other "masculine" sports because theyre (gross!) girls who are weaker apparently, because it is so hard for little girls to join sports like these when they get made fun of by little **** boys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubysuttton)
    Sorry that’s ridiculous- it’s pretty much a perpetual belief that girls are no good at football, among other sports. Good for you if you acknowledge that girls are fully capable of being good footballers, but the ‘scientifically proven’ **** is an awful excuse- yes it’s proven that boys are, on average, bigger and stronger, but that only encourages people to believe that, because some boys are bigger and stronger and some girls aren’t good at football, all girls are incapable and you’d be an idiot to dismiss that belief- one we see demonstrated all the time.
    Oh sweetheart I said "generally", I've met plenty of boys who could kick a ball no further than a foot. Men have the advantage when it comes to physical activities, but that doesn't mean women are at a disadvantage. Why is it an awful excuse? Because it's fact? Because you don't want your feelings to be hurt? If people choose to interpret "men are generally physically stronger than women" as "women are weak and can't play football" then that's their own problem, they're likely idiot feminists looking for excuses as to why their endeavours fail.

ReputationRep:
    What the difference between a feminine and a

ReputationRep:
    This is why feminism is so destructive. You are perpetuating this myth that everyone thinks women are weak. This is not empowering you are simply telling women and especially young impressionable girls that the world is built to put them down when this is simply not the case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faloodeh)
    lol? those biological reasons barely apply at age 6. I was stronger than some boys at age 6 and played football better than them too.

people/parents need to stop instilling this idea that girls cant play football or other "masculine" sports because theyre (gross!) girls who are weaker apparently, because it is so hard for little girls to join sports like these when they get made fun of by little **** boys.
    OP didn't mention the age of of the boys, but you are right that before puberty there is minimal difference in strength/agility between boys and girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    OP didn't mention the age of of the boys, but you are right that before puberty there is minimal difference in strength/agility between boys and girls.
    yes youre right lol, im only assuming theyre the same age as her cousin

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.