Does predicted grade affect you? Watch

Berrydo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My predicted grades are rly bad (6/7) and I’ve been getting higher than that, but on my AP my teachers will only put 6/7 and no higher!! It’s rly annoying me!! And I’m going to have to show my college these predicted grades!! Also, you know your a level predicted grades, are they based on your SATs or GCSE grades? Cos if they’re based on sats then that’s stupid cos I did bad in them hence my low target grades.
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Berrydo)
Also, you know your a level predicted grades, are they based on your SATs or GCSE grades?
Target grades are normally determined using GCSE results. Predicted grades are set much later and are normally based on mocks as well as general performance. These are the grades that are used on your university application. Many people confuse the two.
Qwalk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My MEG (minimum expected grades) are CDE for CompSci, Maths and Physics.
It affects me in a motivational way :^)
Berrydo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Qwalk)
My MEG (minimum expected grades) are CDE for CompSci, Maths and Physics.
It affects me in a motivational way :^)
I’m just rly sad because my target grades are so low.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Qwalk
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m just rly sad because my target grades are so low.
Just get better than them.
My target grade for maths in GCSE was a 4, I got a 7 in the end.
jamesgillian123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
target grades are dumb, clever employers will look past your "targets" and "predictions" if you actually do better than them
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jamesgillian123)
target grades are dumb, clever employers will look past your "targets" and "predictions" if you actually do better than them
well, all employers. Once you've done your A-levels, your predictions and targets are basically tossed away. Though A-level predictions will influence uni applications. (because you won't have actually achieved grades yet)
Berrydo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Qwalk)
Just get better than them.
My target grade for maths in GCSE was a 4, I got a 7 in the end.
Oh wow.... guess it’s the final result that matters the most. Also r your target grades based on your actual gcse grades?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jamesgillian123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _gcx)
well, all employers. Once you've done your A-levels, your predictions and targets are basically tossed away.
yea agreed, don't listen to your teachers when they underestimate your ability and label your intelligance as a grade. And no sats wont mean anything at all in a level or gcse and your gcse grades will likely give you targets for a levels depending if you move school or not
Qwalk
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh wow.... guess it’s the final result that matters the most. Also r your target grades based on your actual gcse grades?
>Also r your target grades based on your actual gcse grades?
No, your minimum expected grades are.

Your target grades are decided by mock exams/classwork, and are set by your teacher.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (280)
15.48%
The paper was reasonable (1007)
55.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (387)
21.39%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
7.46%

Watched Threads