Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades are rly bad (6/7) and I’ve been getting higher than that, but on my AP my teachers will only put 6/7 and no higher!! It’s rly annoying me!! And I’m going to have to show my college these predicted grades!! Also, you know your a level predicted grades, are they based on your SATs or GCSE grades? Cos if they’re based on sats then that’s stupid cos I did bad in them hence my low target grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berrydo)
    Also, you know your a level predicted grades, are they based on your SATs or GCSE grades?
    Target grades are normally determined using GCSE results. Predicted grades are set much later and are normally based on mocks as well as general performance. These are the grades that are used on your university application. Many people confuse the two.

ReputationRep:
    My MEG (minimum expected grades) are CDE for CompSci, Maths and Physics.
    It affects me in a motivational way :^)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwalk)
    My MEG (minimum expected grades) are CDE for CompSci, Maths and Physics.
    It affects me in a motivational way :^)
    I’m just rly sad because my target grades are so low.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I’m just rly sad because my target grades are so low.
    Just get better than them.
    My target grade for maths in GCSE was a 4, I got a 7 in the end.

ReputationRep:
    target grades are dumb, clever employers will look past your "targets" and "predictions" if you actually do better than them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgillian123)
    target grades are dumb, clever employers will look past your "targets" and "predictions" if you actually do better than them
    well, all employers. Once you've done your A-levels, your predictions and targets are basically tossed away. Though A-level predictions will influence uni applications. (because you won't have actually achieved grades yet)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwalk)
    Just get better than them.
    My target grade for maths in GCSE was a 4, I got a 7 in the end.
    Oh wow.... guess it’s the final result that matters the most. Also r your target grades based on your actual gcse grades?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    well, all employers. Once you've done your A-levels, your predictions and targets are basically tossed away.
    yea agreed, don't listen to your teachers when they underestimate your ability and label your intelligance as a grade. And no sats wont mean anything at all in a level or gcse and your gcse grades will likely give you targets for a levels depending if you move school or not

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow.... guess it’s the final result that matters the most. Also r your target grades based on your actual gcse grades?
    >Also r your target grades based on your actual gcse grades?
    No, your minimum expected grades are.

Your target grades are decided by mock exams/classwork, and are set by your teacher.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.