Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished all my Ucas application details including the personal statement and all i have to do is pay the application fee however I'm not sure how the student loans. Do I apply before or after being accepted to my degree of choice (i'm in my gap year so i already have my grades)? How do i apply to student loan when i have to? How often do people get rejected from student loans?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ItsMeDario)
    I've just finished all my Ucas application details including the personal statement and all i have to do is pay the application fee however I'm not sure how the student loans. Do I apply before or after being accepted to my degree of choice (i'm in my gap year so i already have my grades)? How do i apply to student loan when i have to? How often do people get rejected from student loans?
    Hi Dario,

You can currently apply for courses in 2017/18 and you don't have to be accepted into the University before you apply.

If you have a 1st choice then I would suggest applying to that and you can always have it changed if needed.

You can apply online at www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Warm regards,

Shaun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun D SFE)
    Hi Dario,

You can currently apply for courses in 2017/18 and you don't have to be accepted into the University before you apply.

If you have a 1st choice then I would suggest applying to that and you can always have it changed if needed.

You can apply online at www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Warm regards,

Shaun.
    So i can apply even without being accepted. I don't know which will be my first choice. I dindt achieve the grades required for loughborough university but i still applied as a just in case they accept me scenario( they asked for aab but i got bcc, so cchances of entering are worst than low). Can I still apply without a first choice?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ItsMeDario)
    So i can apply even without being accepted. I don't know which will be my first choice. I dindt achieve the grades required for loughborough university but i still applied as a just in case they accept me scenario( they asked for aab but i got bcc, so cchances of entering are worst than low). Can I still apply without a first choice?
    Hi Dario,

You don't need to select your first choice, it's up to you but you can still apply.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.