Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

gym workout for glutes Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi there, i've recently started going to the gym but i find once i'm there i get overwhelmed with all the different machines and don't know which exercises to do. my main focus is to grow my glutes and legs. could anyone suggest a simple glute/leg workout i could do at the gym that includes weights and a rough guide on reps/sets? thank you

ReputationRep:
    squatssssssss you tube has lots of videos for workouts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Articultr)
    hi there, i've recently started going to the gym but i find once i'm there i get overwhelmed with all the different machines and don't know which exercises to do. my main focus is to grow my glutes and legs. could anyone suggest a simple glute/leg workout i could do at the gym that includes weights and a rough guide on reps/sets? thank you
    Hello! I understand what you mean about getting overwhelmed and having a routine or workout ahead of going to the gym with stop that. A standard workout for me for glutes/legs will consist of 2 leg sessions per week consisting of 4 exercises of 4 sets of 10 reps. Hope that makes sense? But depending on how much my legs are aching I may do another 1 or 2 exercises. Instagram is great for videos some of my favourites is rebeccaeatsfitness to give you some ideas.

My typical saturday leg session will consist of going to the squat rack first, if you're a bit uncomfortable using the unassisted squat rack you can use the smith machine to support you for your first few sessions. To warm up my legs I start with squatting the 20kg bar and then i add 5kg plate either side doing 10 reps each time till I'm at the max that i can squat and then I will do 4 sets, 10 reps of that weight. I will then move over to deadlifts which quickly became one of my favourite exercises. Again, as your starting off start with a light bar and build up the weight comfortably. I might then do a pulse squat exercises, or the leg press. On my alternative legs day I will focus on quads and go on the hack squat, leg extensions and leg curls.

I feel like I've rambled so I will leave it here but please feel free to pm if you would like some more information.

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    GraceFitUk has a lot of videos on growing your glutes! Also Whitney Simmons, Jazmine Garcia, Nicki Blackketter Grace also has 3 guides!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I would advise you to get on a routine (not just lower body).
    As said above, Squats, deadlifts (good all round compound exercise) , leg press, Hip thrusts, abductor machine would all work your lower body.

As a rough rule of thumb, 1-5 reps would be more strength based, 8-12 hypertrophy. I'd advise training in both ranges so perhaps 2 'heavy' days and then 2 lighter days with higher reps per week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.