The Student Room Group

SFE home office check

How long does the home office check takes? On the 31st of October age advisor sent out email to carry out the home office check. My ILR was granted on 3/12/14 and they require 3 months proof which I couldn't give. So they are carrying out the check. How long would that take to come back?
Original post by Nasgsm
How long does the home office check takes? On the 31st of October age advisor sent out email to carry out the home office check. My ILR was granted on 3/12/14 and they require 3 months proof which I couldn't give. So they are carrying out the check. How long would that take to come back?

Hi Nasgsm,

Home Office Checks are currently taking an estimated 12 working days.

If this was requested on October 31, we would expect the Home Office to respond to us by November 16 and you should see an update online by November 17.

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Hi, my indefinate leave to remain status has just been granted last week. I havent applied for student finance yet but will i need to provide residency proof for the last 3 years ?? I had limited leave to remain in the UK for the past 10 years & also, my start date for my course is january, if i send my application off today, send evidence and declaration form on monday. What are the chances of my application getting approved before i start my course in january?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zainab96
Hi, my indefinate leave to remain status has just been granted last week. I havent applied for student finance yet but will i need to provide residency proof for the last 3 years ?? I had limited leave to remain in the UK for the past 10 years & also, my start date for my course is january, if i send my application off today, send evidence and declaration form on monday. What are the chances of my application getting approved before i start my course in january?

Hi Zainab96,

Yes, you need to be ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course, in your case that is to January 1, 2018.

Applications take approximately six to eight weeks to process,
along with your original identity evidence, we will need you to send original Home Office evidence of your Indefinte Leave to Remain, ILR and when it was granted along with evidence of your previous status Limited Leave to Remain, LLR, in the UK and when it was granted / expired.

Thanks Rona
Reply 4
I dont have a child tax credit letter as i was not claming benefits. Will the child birth certificate be enough as evidence or will i need to provide other evidence to be assessed for parents learning allowance ?
I dont have a child tax credit letter as i was not claming benefits. Will the child birth certificate be enough as evidence or will i need to provide other evidence to be assessed for parents learning allowance ?

Hi Zainab96,

The birth certificate is not enough information to apply for parents learning allowance, you will also need to provide either a child benefit letter or most recent tax credit award notice.

Thanks

Catherine
Reply 6
So with me not being able to provide other evidence except child birth certificate, will this delay my application ?
So with me not being able to provide other evidence except child birth certificate, will this delay my application ?

Hi Zainab96,

Until we receive the correct evidence this will delay the processing of your Parents Learning Allowance.

Thanks

Catherine

Quick Reply

Latest