Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Loughborough are a top 10 University but outside of London and offer a year abroad.
    SOAS are ranked higher in Politics (couldn't find International Relations)

Which one should I go to in 2018?

ReputationRep:
    SOAS is definitely better for anything Politics related. But Loughborough is a good university as well, so if you desperately want to do IR and study abroad, just go for that.

(Original post by Sunset891)
    SOAS is definitely better for anything Politics related. But Loughborough is a good university as well, so if you desperately want to do IR and study abroad, just go for that.
    Thanks mate, is it worth studying abroad/taking a placement year or just going to SOAS (they don't offer any placements)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaksTheGreatest)
    Thanks mate, is it worth studying abroad/taking a placement year or just going to SOAS (they don't offer any placements)
    Well it depends on what you want to do. Do you really desperately want to study abroad/take a placement year? And also, do you prefer the city or not?

Well it depends on what you want to do. Do you really desperately want to study abroad/take a placement year? And also, do you prefer the city or not?
    I prefer the city, London is my favourite place in the world but it doesn't matter. I want what's best for my education, if studying abroad/taking a placement year looks better on my CV I'll do it, but if not I'd just go to SOAS.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I personally think that it is better to go to a better university than do a placement year/study abroad. If I were you, I would go for SOAS, because SOAS has a more respected reputation for political subjects than Loughborough.

Good luck anyway

I personally think that it is better to go to a better university than do a placement year/study abroad. If I were you, I would go for SOAS, because SOAS has a more respected reputation for political subjects than Loughborough.

Good luck anyway
    Thank you so much man appreciate the help!

ReputationRep:

Good luck anyway
    You need work experience to get a job after university, the university name alone doesn't cut the mustard. That said you can always do placements in the summer holidays, it doesn't have to be as part of a course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaksTheGreatest)
    Loughborough are a top 10 University but outside of London and offer a year abroad.
    SOAS are ranked higher in Politics (couldn't find International Relations)

Which one should I go to in 2018?
    Forget rankings, you need to look at course content, location, facilities e.c.t to determine which university you would be happiest spending 3/4 years at.

(Original post by jelly1000)
    Forget rankings, you need to look at course content, location, facilities e.c.t to determine which university you would be happiest spending 3/4 years at.
    Thanks man still going to apply to both, appreciate your feedback.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.