Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! I have a question for those either applying or attending Goldsmiths university London. I am considering applying for an undergraduate degree in Media and Communication however I haven't had any helpful feedback from anyone about this course and I am unable to go to an open day. I have heard about their affordable accommodation, which is amazing however my main concern is their faculties, facilities and course teachings.
    I would deeply appreciate if anyone could give me some feedback,
    Thank you very much!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

That's a good question. Put simply, Goldsmiths has high end, industry standard equipment.

Media and Communications is particularly good for people that want a broad experience and employability in different aspects of media. There are plenty of opportunities to pursue specific interests, eg. animation, sound, radio, illustration, journalism, film, TV, etc, but it also enables you to think of them critically in context. The course itself is highly regarded, and ranked 8th in the world by one metric.
    https://www.topuniversities.com/univ...-media-studies

I know several of the technicians that work in the department. Are there any specific areas that you are interested in?

(Original post by femakcan)
    Hello everyone! I have a question for those either applying or attending Goldsmiths university London. I am considering applying for an undergraduate degree in Media and Communication however I haven't had any helpful feedback from anyone about this course and I am unable to go to an open day. I have heard about their affordable accommodation, which is amazing however my main concern is their faculties, facilities and course teachings.
    I would deeply appreciate if anyone could give me some feedback,
    Thank you very much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.