Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, I am a 20 year old male that unfortunately drew the short straw for hair genes. In the past 1-2 years I've been balding really fast, hairline is completely gone, the crown is almost fully gone and I don't know what to do.

I shaved my head when I first started to bald to test the waters of how I would look and everyone told me I looked really bad bald and so I let it grow back out. I've noticed now I'm balding I don't get any girls anymore. Back in school I was voted as best looking and got with a lot of girls and in my first year of uni I also slept with a lot of girls, but the past 1-2 years since I've been balding I don't feel attractive and haven't been getting any matches on tinder or whenever I approach girls in real life they walk away which makes me feel really bad.

I don't know whether to:
    - leave my hair for the remaining years it has left (Although I've been told by flatmates that it looks terrible and that I should shave it but they also said I look terrible bald)
    - brave it, shave it and embrace being bald
    - purchase products like regaine to try and save it (although this is expensive and these products are probably a load of sh**)

Would appreciate any advice

ReputationRep:
    you could also get a wig/hairpiece ?

ReputationRep:
    Shave your head anyways, people will get used to it. You will look more silly trying to hold onto what is left of your hair than being bald, and also, are you really willing to go through all that financial strain to keep it? Try not to let the opinion of others affect your confidence, you can't help balding after all and you don't live for other people. Plenty of bald men still get girls anyways, don't let your hair stop you from being happy!

ReputationRep:
    You’re looking for the wrong girls! Prince William and Harry are balding young and nobody disrespects them! Be you and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Find yourself a lady who respects you for you, and not for your hair. If it makes you feel better, source a hairpiece you can wear for the first few dates until you feel comfortable with sharing. Think of it like a girl using chicken fillets or fake lashes!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.