Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm no longer in the class as I changed subjects earlier in the year but would be very interested to hear everyone's opinion on this teacher.

So, while I was in there he frequently used "bas**rd", "s**t" and "bugger" at just about anything (not to insult students, though) - according to another student, after I left, one lesson he said "If you (the students) aren't going to do any work, you might as well get the f**k out!".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpacePatroFan189)
    I'm no longer in the class as I changed subjects earlier in the year but would be very interested to hear everyone's opinion on this teacher.

So, while I was in there he frequently used "bas**rd", "s**t" and "bugger" at just about anything (not to insult students, though) - according to another student, after I left, one lesson he said "If you (the students) aren't going to do any work, you might as well get the f**k out!".

At some Sixth Form (in particular college types), it is less formal and teachers generally tend to swear and treat students as full grown adults. At mine in the past quite a few of my teachers swore. We really didn't care so long as he teach properly, as well as helped us and not swear every minute or so.

ReputationRep:
    Swearing at the void is okay, if it's a nice teacher and in a tone that isn't angry, and the
    For instance "that vectors homework is taking so bloody long to mark" or "in the smc, they don't give a **** about your working".
    (real examples)
    It's not as good if it's about people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpacePatroFan189)

One of my teachers swear a lot in lessons. He literally can't finish a sentence without the F word in it.

ReputationRep:
    If it's not in a serious case, then at most sixth forms, teachers are less formal and swear much more compared to with younger students.

ReputationRep:
    who cares? it's not like you haven't heard these words before. People in the real world swear

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.