Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got asked to go to a party with a girl i really like, but ive never spoken to her in real life or even skyped or facetimed her. I have no self confidence and i dont have friends to go with me, she is with about 5 other girls in which I dont know. Im not sure whether to go or not and why? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if she is a genuine person? If you've not spoken to her is it because you know her through an online friendship, because I would avoid going if this is the case, as you don't really know what you're getting into.If you know her and really like her you need to decide whether or not putting yourself out there is worth it. If you think you can do it, then go for it! Doubting yourself is probably the worst thing you can do, so try to avoid it and bite the bullet. If the idea of meeting up with her when all her friends is intimidating then maybe suggesting meeting up with her another day instead. Parties can be good to meet someone, but if you're nervous then meeting up for food or going to the cinema etc. might be a better idea?Hope this helps, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I totally agree with the above poster. I think at a minimum you need to Skype or FaceTime. Does she live in the same town as you? I would hate to think you're being catfished and perhaps you aren't at all but you are definitely at risk. If you still want to go then why don't you ask her if you can bring a friend along. You might have to makeup a reason for the friend joining you but you will be more confident having someone there you do know. Plus if she isn't what she is representing herself to be you won't be there alone.

Best of Luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefully1)
    Yes, I totally agree with the above poster. I think at a minimum you need to Skype or FaceTime. Does she live in the same town as you? I would hate to think you're being catfished and perhaps you aren't at all but you are definitely at risk. If you still want to go then why don't you ask her if you can bring a friend along. You might have to makeup a reason for the friend joining you but you will be more confident having someone there you do know. Plus if she isn't what she is representing herself to be you won't be there alone.

Best of Luck to you!
    (Original post by jenny_nifer)
    Do you know if she is a genuine person? If you've not spoken to her is it because you know her through an online friendship, because I would avoid going if this is the case, as you don't really know what you're getting into.If you know her and really like her you need to decide whether or not putting yourself out there is worth it. If you think you can do it, then go for it! Doubting yourself is probably the worst thing you can do, so try to avoid it and bite the bullet. If the idea of meeting up with her when all her friends is intimidating then maybe suggesting meeting up with her another day instead. Parties can be good to meet someone, but if you're nervous then meeting up for food or going to the cinema etc. might be a better idea?Hope this helps, good luck
    Thanks for replies, i know she isnt a fake rapist or anything people know her, unfortunatly the only friends i could bring with me would embarrass me and i dont know what at all to say on skype i know mostly everything about her that i can so i dont know what to say, thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gent2324)
    Thanks for replies, i know she isnt a fake rapist or anything people know her, unfortunatly the only friends i could bring with me would embarrass me and i dont know what at all to say on skype i know mostly everything about her that i can so i dont know what to say, thanks again
    So, if you know she's legit and you feel you know her well enough then go and have a great time! She wouldn't have invited you if she didn't like the communication you all have been having so just basically talk to her in person like you would via your phone/commuter. Consider it a compliment that she invited you and go with your head held up with confidence. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gent2324)
    Got asked to go to a party with a girl i really like, but ive never spoken to her in real life or even skyped or facetimed her. I have no self confidence and i dont have friends to go with me, she is with about 5 other girls in which I dont know. Im not sure whether to go or not and why? thanks
    I personally wouldn't, especially if you haven't met her before. I think it'd be much better to meet her first over some coffee so you already know what's it like and to be more comfortable with her.

Since she is with 5 other girls at a party, it could be a bit hectic. Whether they're all super drunk, or she is drunk or the friends are trying to be pushy/involved and/or embarrass her/you. All of that which I would avoid. It's at a scenario that you don't really have any control over, especially if you feel insecure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.