Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone
    Am I eligible for student loan or not ,next year ?I have lived in UK since October 2015 and is in dependent visa .Some people say we get government loan after 3 years of stay in uk whereas some say 5 years.If someone like me in dependent visa not a permanent resident are eligible or have example of getting student loan?
    I don't loose the time by waiting more years because I am already stressed of three years of wait.
    MANY thanks ..
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by samajay)
    hello everyone
    Am I eligible for student loan or not ,next year ?I have lived in UK since October 2015 and is in dependent visa .Some people say we get government loan after 3 years of stay in uk whereas some say 5 years.If someone like me in dependent visa not a permanent resident are eligible or have example of getting student loan?
    I don't loose the time by waiting more years because I am already stressed of three years of wait.
    MANY thanks ..
    Hi Samajay,

Funding does depend on your status within the UK and also length of time.

The current status you hold is this a family member status?

3 years residency is normally required to apply for home funding in your own right but would also require you to have Indefinite Leave to Remain.

The other option would include you being the child or spouse of a Migrant Worker,

Warm regards,

Shaun.

ReputationRep:
    I am wife of Hm forces and is in dependent visa.For the Indefinite leave to remain i need to wait for five years as changed rules in UK. I have my son who is a British citizen but my partner doesn't have one.
    I will try for the options you have suggested one time.Can you suggest me more to help shaun please....
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I am wife of Hm forces and is in dependent visa.For the Indefinite leave to remain i need to wait for five years as changed rules in UK. I have my son who is a British citizen but my partner doesn't have one.
    I will try for the options you have suggested one time.Can you suggest me more to help shaun please....
    Hi samajay,

To help you better, can I ask what nationality are you and your husband ?

Are either of you EU nationals ?

Regards Rona

ReputationRep:
    hello rona
    I am Nepalese and so my husband is.I have a son a year old and he is British citizen.
    Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    hello rona
    I am Nepalese and so my husband is.I have a son a year old and he is British citizen.
    Thank you
    Hi samajay,

If neither you or your husband are EU/EEA Nationals then you would need to hold either Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or Indefinite Leave to Enter (ILE) status.

You would also need to have been ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course and be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course (or have settled status with no restrictions and resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the course start date).

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    thank you stuart for the information.Now need to wait for three years to get ILE /ILR

ReputationRep:
    Hi Stuart. My daughter lives and studies in the UK 5 years continuously, she is EEU nationlity. She started her undergraduate study in September. She asked about student loan from ESF in June. She still did not get loan for her tuitions fees. She can not use library and another students facilities for it. Is it correct, that she did not get loan for tuitions fees till now ? She does not know who can help her. How long do you need lives in the UK to be eligible for tuitions fees loan, please? She passed her A level on A-A-A, but still has not her loan.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by 61wijkamzee)
    Hi Stuart. My daughter lives and studies in the UK 5 years continuously, she is EEU nationlity. She started her undergraduate study in September. She asked about student loan from ESF in June. She still did not get loan for her tuitions fees. She can not use library and another students facilities for it. Is it correct, that she did not get loan for tuitions fees till now ? She does not know who can help her. How long do you need lives in the UK to be eligible for tuitions fees loan, please? She passed her A level on A-A-A, but still has not her loan.

Hi 61wijkamzee,

EU students studying in England, who do not have the relevant five years residency within the United Kingdom will be eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan only,

Your daughter would need to be living in the United Kingdom on the first day, of the first term of her course and be attending a course which attracts funding.

As we have no access to specific accounts here, to check her eligibility she should call our European Team on,

Tel: (+44) (0) 141 243 3570
    (Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm)

Thanks Rona

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.