Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My mocks are coming up in January for English. I struggle with time management based on revision as writing essays in a set amount of time in exams. I want a 7/8 in these mocks and have not began studying. Before January, is it possible for me to gain these desired grades if I revise everhthing from now onwards and are there any suggested resources of you tubers to help me with this? Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Sharminkhan02)
    My mocks are coming up in January for English. I struggle with time management based on revision as writing essays in a set amount of time in exams. I want a 7/8 in these mocks and have not began studying. Before January, is it possible for me to gain these desired grades if I revise everhthing from now onwards and are there any suggested resources of you tubers to help me with this? Thanks
    Yes.
    Just practice exams.
    Mr Bruff on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is possible if you knuckle down now, I'm sure you will do brilliantly. Like you I do to struggle with time management however, I am also looking to achieve a 7/8 in my mocks which are coming up in December. To improve this I am simply smashing out the exam papers and questions until I become sick and tired of them because I could almost write every question out word for would!! All I would say never give up even on a day where you don't feel to motivated for working push yourself if you would like to see your progression. For me I am really looking to complete my mock in December as in my October assessments just a few weeks ago I was unfortunately unable to complete the paper with was a real put down for me despite still becoming second in my class. However, my teacher has exclaimed to me that if I had completed the paper I would have got a grade 7 ( despite being in bottom set). So yes it is possible for you to improve upon your timing, good luck and I hope you do well in your mocks!!

ReputationRep:
    Mr Bruff is the way
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamh Lynch)
    Yes it is possible if you knuckle down now, I'm sure you will do brilliantly. Like you I do to struggle with time management however, I am also looking to achieve a 7/8 in my mocks which are coming up in December. To improve this I am simply smashing out the exam papers and questions until I become sick and tired of them because I could almost write every question out word for would!! All I would say never give up even on a day where you don't feel to motivated for working push yourself if you would like to see your progression. For me I am really looking to complete my mock in December as in my October assessments just a few weeks ago I was unfortunately unable to complete the paper with was a real put down for me despite still becoming second in my class. However, my teacher has exclaimed to me that if I had completed the paper I would have got a grade 7 ( despite being in bottom set). So yes it is possible for you to improve upon your timing, good luck and I hope you do well in your mocks!!

Thanks so much! Do you have any recommended resources or youtubers to reach me up to a 7/8 in this period of time?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.