Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scared of boys seeing me without makeup Watch

With my usual makeup (winged liner, natural eyeshadow, mascara + skin stuff) I'm a 9/10.
    With a more toned down natural version I'm a 7.5-8/10.
    However, with no makeup I'm genuinely like a 5.

I have the kind of face that takes makeup really well but without it, I'm a really blank canvas. My lips, brows, nose and general facial structure don't change. But without eye makeup my eyes look so dull. + I have really dark circles so I look ill without concealer.

I get a lot of attention and compliments from guys and girls and people know me as being pretty but it scares me because without makeup I look so rubbish. Especially if I add my glasses to the equation (I normally wear contacts). However, if I know I can look like a 9 then obviously if i'm going out, I'm gonna choose being a 9 over a 5.

I know it sounds like I wear a lot of makeup, but even with a natural amount I look fine. It's just the moment my eye makeup comes off, I look like a completely different person.
    Been in a short 6 month relationship and he never saw me without makeup. He'd see me the morning after when half of it has come off but it would still be enough for me to look decent.
    I'm just scared of getting into my next relationship and the moment they see me without makeup and suddenly they're not attracted to me anymore.

Has anyone got any advice of how to handle this? If you've been in a similar position before or when you saw your gf without makeup.

ReputationRep:
    Honey, I'm sure you look beautiful without makeup. And I'm being serious.

- Makeup doesn't actually hide everything about a person's face.
    - Males apparently prefer women without makeup.
    - Being without makeup is seen as a sign of confidence and feeling comfortable.
    - Everybody already knows that a person wearing makeup looks different without it.

Don't stress, I'm sure no guy would leave you after seeing your natural beauty!

ReputationRep:
    Once someone is hooked, they tend not to care what you look like. They just like the warm fuzzy feeling you put in their tummy.

Hence, you see a lot of people turn fat and repulsive after a year or two in a relationship, as they no longer have to make an effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    With my usual makeup (winged liner, natural eyeshadow, mascara + skin stuff) I'm a 9/10.
    really huh

ReputationRep:
    Why do you car every what boys think? Learn to be happy and confident in your own skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I have the kind of face that takes makeup really well but without it, I'm a really blank canvas. My lips, brows, nose and general facial structure don't change. But without eye makeup my eyes look so dull. + I have really dark circles so I look ill without concealer.

I get a lot of attention and compliments from guys and girls and people know me as being pretty but it scares me because without makeup I look so rubbish. Especially if I add my glasses to the equation (I normally wear contacts). However, if I know I can look like a 9 then obviously if i'm going out, I'm gonna choose being a 9 over a 5.

I know it sounds like I wear a lot of makeup, but even with a natural amount I look fine. It's just the moment my eye makeup comes off, I look like a completely different person.
    Been in a short 6 month relationship and he never saw me without makeup. He'd see me the morning after when half of it has come off but it would still be enough for me to look decent.
    I'm just scared of getting into my next relationship and the moment they see me without makeup and suddenly they're not attracted to me anymore.

Has anyone got any advice of how to handle this? If you've been in a similar position before or when you saw your gf without makeup.

6mths?

now that's what you call deception on grand scale......

is this you OP?

http://www.kickvick.com/wp-content/u...akeup-a-01.jpg

ReputationRep:
    We always look at ourselves much more critically than what others do. Besides, when someone wants to be with you they don't care if you have dark circles or your skin isn't totally perfect. In a relationship people find those little imperfections endearing in my experience :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    100% your appearance will be subjective

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.