STURDY SWIFTER - JOURNEY TO A*A*A (MISSION IMPOSSIBLE)
- Hi everybody. So since everybody was legit making these threads, I was like ‘might as well do it.’ (Even though it’s so late!)
- So, I’m 16 years old and am in year 12.
- I take AQA Psychology A, AQA English Literature A, AQA History, Edexcel Economics.
- My main hobby is to think of interesting plots for novels and attempt (barely) to write them.
- I am just so lazy and nihilistic about life but I want to change that (again MISSION IMPOSSIBLE).
- I have a golden labrador retriever called Danny.
- I played Keyboard up to Grade 6 (but gave it up because my tutor made me hate it so much).
- I was very disappointed with my GCSE grades sadly. I told myself that it was not my fault but the family problems happening around me but I know that it was my fault and my lack of revision. I really want to change this attitude during my A Levels.
- I have applied to UCL Uni-links and am waiting for the Sutton Trust Summer School.
- I hope to get A*A*A even though it’s going to be very hard but what’s life with an aim in the future.
My confusion of life
- Let me just state the fact that I am so INDECISIVE (I still want to change one of my subjects but it’s too late *sigh*.
- I wanted to do law but now, I love economics so much and I want to do it at university but guess what, you need a-level maths for it.
- That’s not bringing me down tho as I have found some similar degrees and some uni’s that don’t require it.
- So, basically, I’ve got a lot of choice for my future so yeah.
My university and degree choices (so many)
- Nottingham University - Economics
- St Andrew’s University - Economics with management studies
- Queen Mary University London - Accountancy and Finance
- Queen Mary University London - Law with Business
- Warwick University - Management
- Warwick University - Law with Social sciences
- University College London - Law
- University College London - History
- University College London - Social studies with quantitative methods.
- Durham University - Economics with foundation year
How’s year 12 up to now?
- Not that great.
- So at the start, there were two history classes but one of them got cancelled for the most oblivious reason. I wanted to do both history and politics but since my original history class got cancelled, I had to choose between them since they both clashed in my timetable. I initially chose politics but I wasn’t really enjoying it and hated my teachers so I changed to history a month and a half later. Since I had to choose one, I had to pick another subject so I chose English Literature.
- I hate English Literature so much. There is legit too much context and work and I’m having so much problem with it. Since I moved to a grammar school, I feel diminished as everyone is so much smarter than me and I feel like a failure. I really want to change English Literature to Maths but it’s too late now so I’m just gonna drop it when I can.
- I’m kind of confused in history lessons as I’m quite new and I missed a lot but I’m kind of understanding. It’s just hard to differentiate writing essays in GCSE and in A-Levels. Why did I pick too many essay subjects?
- Psychology is going so good for me. I’m just getting full marks all the time and I’m understanding it so much. It’s just a lot of content but I know I can manage.
- And economics. I’m just so interested in economics as well as getting A* in the September exams.
- I just need to work so much harder.
So guys. I’ll do a status on Saturday after I have done my November exams. By the way, I have a catchphrase that I always say at school and literally describes me - ‘I’m so lost!’
Sturdy Swifter - Journey to A*A*A watch
- Thread Starter
- 08-11-2017 23:40
- Thread Starter
- 09-11-2017 18:02
If you guys have any questions, just ask me...