Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sturdy Swifter - Journey to A*A*A Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    STURDY SWIFTER - JOURNEY TO A*A*A (MISSION IMPOSSIBLE)

Introduction
    • Hi everybody. So since everybody was legit making these threads, I was like ‘might as well do it.’ (Even though it’s so late!)
    • So, I’m 16 years old and am in year 12.
    • I take AQA Psychology A, AQA English Literature A, AQA History, Edexcel Economics.
    • My main hobby is to think of interesting plots for novels and attempt (barely) to write them.
    • I am just so lazy and nihilistic about life but I want to change that (again MISSION IMPOSSIBLE).
    • I have a golden labrador retriever called Danny.
    • I played Keyboard up to Grade 6 (but gave it up because my tutor made me hate it so much).
    • I was very disappointed with my GCSE grades sadly. I told myself that it was not my fault but the family problems happening around me but I know that it was my fault and my lack of revision. I really want to change this attitude during my A Levels.
    • I have applied to UCL Uni-links and am waiting for the Sutton Trust Summer School.
    • I hope to get A*A*A even though it’s going to be very hard but what’s life with an aim in the future.

My confusion of life
    • Let me just state the fact that I am so INDECISIVE (I still want to change one of my subjects but it’s too late *sigh*.
    • I wanted to do law but now, I love economics so much and I want to do it at university but guess what, you need a-level maths for it.
    • That’s not bringing me down tho as I have found some similar degrees and some uni’s that don’t require it.
    • So, basically, I’ve got a lot of choice for my future so yeah.

My university and degree choices (so many)
    • Nottingham University - Economics
    • St Andrew’s University - Economics with management studies
    • Queen Mary University London - Accountancy and Finance
    • Queen Mary University London - Law with Business
    • Warwick University - Management
    • Warwick University - Law with Social sciences
    • University College London - Law
    • University College London - History
    • University College London - Social studies with quantitative methods.
    • Durham University - Economics with foundation year

How’s year 12 up to now?
    • Not that great.
    • So at the start, there were two history classes but one of them got cancelled for the most oblivious reason. I wanted to do both history and politics but since my original history class got cancelled, I had to choose between them since they both clashed in my timetable. I initially chose politics but I wasn’t really enjoying it and hated my teachers so I changed to history a month and a half later. Since I had to choose one, I had to pick another subject so I chose English Literature.
    • I hate English Literature so much. There is legit too much context and work and I’m having so much problem with it. Since I moved to a grammar school, I feel diminished as everyone is so much smarter than me and I feel like a failure. I really want to change English Literature to Maths but it’s too late now so I’m just gonna drop it when I can.
    • I’m kind of confused in history lessons as I’m quite new and I missed a lot but I’m kind of understanding. It’s just hard to differentiate writing essays in GCSE and in A-Levels. Why did I pick too many essay subjects?
    • Psychology is going so good for me. I’m just getting full marks all the time and I’m understanding it so much. It’s just a lot of content but I know I can manage.
    • And economics. I’m just so interested in economics as well as getting A* in the September exams.
    • I just need to work so much harder.

So guys. I’ll do a status on Saturday after I have done my November exams. By the way, I have a catchphrase that I always say at school and literally describes me - ‘I’m so lost!’

ReputationRep:
    If you guys have any questions, just ask me...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.