Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm so torn idk what to do help! I'm in y11 I want a nice office environment but I want high pay at least 18k- when I start a proper job in that sector. Anyone got any suggestions
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    What kind of subject areas interest you? Are you into business? Law? Finance? Journalism? Media? Accountancy? Most subjects will have apprenticeships that offer work revolving in an office environment.

Regarding the pay, since you're going in at GCSE level, you'll be entering an intermediate level apprenticeship, where at the end, you gain a recognised qualification of some sort. Although there are some advanced apprenticeships that accept candidates at GCSE levels - not many though.

Look into a subject area that directly interests you, I've suggested some above. But honestly if you're trying to get into an apprenticeship, don't go into it for the pay. You'll find yourself in an environment that you find completely obnoxious, and regret all choices you'd initiated. It's not for the money, it's for the experience and qualification.

Law apprenticeships pay quite well, you can find some for 17k-20k a year. But reconsider what you're genuinely INTERESTED in, otherwise there's no point in doing an apprenticeship

But study well now, year 11 was a terrible year for me. I prioritised social life which got me emotionally unstable and resulted into me doing so bad in my GCSEs, and this was only last year. Make education your top priority. Keep your friends and social life there, but try to get more than just a pass. Something I regret madly, and I can't go back.

Good luck though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 82melz)
    What kind of subject areas interest you? Are you into business? Law? Finance? Journalism? Media? Accountancy? Most subjects will have apprenticeships that offer work revolving in an office environment.

Regarding the pay, since you're going in at GCSE level, you'll be entering an intermediate level apprenticeship, where at the end, you gain a recognised qualification of some sort. Although there are some advanced apprenticeships that accept candidates at GCSE levels - not many though.

Look into a subject area that directly interests you, I've suggested some above. But honestly if you're trying to get into an apprenticeship, don't go into it for the pay. You'll find yourself in an environment that you find completely obnoxious, and regret all choices you'd initiated. It's not for the money, it's for the experience and qualification.

Law apprenticeships pay quite well, you can find some for 17k-20k a year. But reconsider what you're genuinely INTERESTED in, otherwise there's no point in doing an apprenticeship

But study well now, year 11 was a terrible year for me. I prioritised social life which got me emotionally unstable and resulted into me doing so bad in my GCSEs, and this was only last year. Make education your top priority. Keep your friends and social life there, but try to get more than just a pass. Something I regret madly, and I can't go back.

Good luck though
    True! And yeh I'm working hard in year 11 and the Mocs are going good🙂 I done work experience in a law firm and found it very boring! Any other suggestions???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheb_)
    True! And yeh I'm working hard in year 11 and the Mocs are going good🙂 I done work experience in a law firm and found it very boring! Any other suggestions???
    What subject areas are you interested in? What do you want to pursue as a future career

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 82melz)
    What subject areas are you interested in? What do you want to pursue as a future career
    Well I really liked the idea of managing a team in a office based environment but I don't there's apprenticeships for that

ReputationRep:
    I know it doesn’t answer the question but I’d consider doing a BTEC/A-Levels and going for a higher or degree apprenticeship. It’ll be easier to find a well paying one but they’re also more likely to keep you on at the end since they have to invest significantly more.

Above all make sure you’re interested in what you apply for! If you go in solely for the money you will regret it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.