Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trying not to procrastinate: An 8 book series Watch

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour mes petits croissants and welcome to try not to procrastinate: an 8 book series. In this grow my grades thread I will be... well... trying not to procrastinate!

So about me then! I'm in my first year at sixth form studying English literature, history and government and politics which I'm enjoying ( anything is better than maths!) At the moment I'm getting Bs and Cs in the essays I turn in and I really want to get that to AAA by end of year exams. I know it's a stretch so I'll be happy if I get ABB as well but my main aim is to get A*AA next year and get into Durham university to study law! I know it's going to be hard and to be honest Durham is just a pipe dream at the minute but York is also one of my options (can you tell I like old cities?) Basically my life goal is to be a badass lawyer working in a badass city with badass dogs.

I know if I want to achieve this dream I'm going to have to, in the words of Britney, work bi*ch and maybe if I feel pressure to post to an audience I'll actually work. At the moment my procrastination level is seriously bad ( to the point where I will get up at 5am to go an essay for that day.)I know if I work my little booty off I will be able to get good grades. Hopefully in 2 years time I'll be writing this from Durham uni college!

Oh and I got 3 A*s 2 As 4 Bs and 2 Cs at GCSE ( low by TSR standards but I'm pretty proud of them)

Anyway my hard work started today. I actually ~shock horror~ stayed behind in the library to get some work done. I managed to be pretty productive tbf I got a poem analysed in detail, a detailed history mindmap and 2 6 mark questions for GovPol done. I still have work to be done but that's for another day. Hey progress is progress!

See y'all later hopefully If I'm productive enough 😝

Toodles xo
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! just wanted to wish you all of the luck in the world in getting the grades you want. You're off to a good start already with this blog as it'll hopefully help motivate you! It might be hard but I know you can do it and it'll be worth it in the end.

Keep me updated
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Hey there! just wanted to wish you all of the luck in the world in getting the grades you want. You're off to a good start already with this blog as it'll hopefully help motivate you! It might be hard but I know you can do it and it'll be worth it in the end.

Keep me updated
    Hey thank you so much for checking it my blog. I sure will xx

ReputationRep:
    So it's been a little while

I got a B on my latest history essay which is good and hopefully I can continue this form in the mocks in January. I worry about the timed conditions because at the moment it takes me like 2 hours to do one question.

I haven't done much independent study yet but I usually use Wednesday afternoons so I'll post again tomorrow.

Until then

Toodles xo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.