Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Trying not to procrastinate: An 8 book series watch

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour mes petits croissants and welcome to try not to procrastinate: an 8 book series. In this grow my grades thread I will be... well... trying not to procrastinate!

So about me then! I'm in my first year at sixth form studying English literature, history and government and politics which I'm enjoying ( anything is better than maths!) At the moment I'm getting Bs and Cs in the essays I turn in and I really want to get that to AAA by end of year exams. I know it's a stretch so I'll be happy if I get ABB as well but my main aim is to get A*AA next year and get into Durham university to study law! I know it's going to be hard and to be honest Durham is just a pipe dream at the minute but York is also one of my options (can you tell I like old cities?) Basically my life goal is to be a badass lawyer working in a badass city with badass dogs.

I know if I want to achieve this dream I'm going to have to, in the words of Britney, work bi*ch and maybe if I feel pressure to post to an audience I'll actually work. At the moment my procrastination level is seriously bad ( to the point where I will get up at 5am to go an essay for that day.)I know if I work my little booty off I will be able to get good grades. Hopefully in 2 years time I'll be writing this from Durham uni college!

Oh and I got 3 A*s 2 As 4 Bs and 2 Cs at GCSE ( low by TSR standards but I'm pretty proud of them)

Anyway my hard work started today. I actually ~shock horror~ stayed behind in the library to get some work done. I managed to be pretty productive tbf I got a poem analysed in detail, a detailed history mindmap and 2 6 mark questions for GovPol done. I still have work to be done but that's for another day. Hey progress is progress!

See y'all later hopefully If I'm productive enough 😝

Toodles xo
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hey there! just wanted to wish you all of the luck in the world in getting the grades you want. You're off to a good start already with this blog as it'll hopefully help motivate you! It might be hard but I know you can do it and it'll be worth it in the end.

Keep me updated
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Hey there! just wanted to wish you all of the luck in the world in getting the grades you want. You're off to a good start already with this blog as it'll hopefully help motivate you! It might be hard but I know you can do it and it'll be worth it in the end.

Keep me updated
    Hey thank you so much for checking it my blog. I sure will xx

ReputationRep:
    So it's been a little while

I got a B on my latest history essay which is good and hopefully I can continue this form in the mocks in January. I worry about the timed conditions because at the moment it takes me like 2 hours to do one question.

I haven't done much independent study yet but I usually use Wednesday afternoons so I'll post again tomorrow.

Until then

Toodles xo

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.