Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need some advice, so i met this girl through my bestfriend, i didnt think much of it at the time and i adviced my friend to 'go for her' but i got to know her better and started to like her, She currently likes my bestfriend but there situation is complex and at the end they didnt become a couple, i have told her how i feel and she respects that but didnt really decline or accept. A while later (just under 2 weeks) me and her have become very close friends, i mean very close and she is trying to get over him, my question is should i still try and become her boyfriend or shall i carry on and live life, i am not one for labels, but i really like her and its hard because it can either fail or work out, should i try again or see if shes asks me out, not to mention i wasn't attracted to her for her looks, i like her for who she is as a person, her personality , help me :l

ReputationRep:
    Definitely talk to her about it, but just make sure you aren't becoming a rebound.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need some advice, so i met this girl through my bestfriend, i didnt think much of it at the time and i adviced my friend to 'go for her' but i got to know her better and started to like her, She currently likes my bestfriend but there situation is complex and at the end they didnt become a couple, i have told her how i feel and she respects that but didnt really decline or accept. A while later (just under 2 weeks) me and her have become very close friends, i mean very close and she is trying to get over him, my question is should i still try and become her boyfriend or shall i carry on and live life, i am not one for labels, but i really like her and its hard because it can either fail or work out, should i try again or see if shes asks me out, not to mention i wasn't attracted to her for her looks, i like her for who she is as a person, her personality , help me :l

she's not interested in you and still isn't over your best friend.

she is using you as an emotional tampon.

move on!

ReputationRep:
    I would wait until she has gotten over it and then see where things are at. Don't rush in as she may not be interested in the same way and it will fall apart.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.