The Student Room Group

Feel low all the time

I started a levels September and was on track, notes organised, homework done, motivated etc but now it’s just hit a rock and I’m really struggling. My GCSE results were far from where I wanted them to be (I was aiming and working for all A*s and didn’t get one - lowkey devastated :frown: ) and this has massively dented my confidence and enjoyment of school. This week especially has been so tough - I have spent a lot of time sitting in lessons feeling like I need to cry and not knowing what’s wrong. I have been having bulimic and anorexic thoughts for two weeks and feel so imperfect. I have relapsed in SH three time already this year and I feel constantly triggered. I just don’t know what to do anymore... even if something good happens I always see the bad, I feel so selfish and horrible.
Don't be so hard on yourself!

Don't worry about the GCSEs, the reality is in the long term, they don't really count. I can see why you're disappointed as you set high expectations for yourself - which is good, but even if you didn't get straight A*s, I'm sure you still were above average, which is fine. Just focus on what you can change now, which is your A Level results. There's no point going over what you can't change, it's better to focus on what you can change.

Don't let your past results affect the way you see yourself and your motivation, because human beings are worth a lot more than a set of grades of paper.

You should speak to someone about your mental well being because it is the most important and will affect everything else you do. See a counsellor, or ask your GP to refer you for therapy. It's normal to struggle, being at school and being a teenager is extremely stressful, it's better to get help now and get the necessary support to get you back on track.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
I think I suffer the same condition you do.
Try be easier on yourself perhaps, reward yourself and take things one at a time - it's better to understand some of the material well than to freak out at the amount you need to know.
Also you may learn better from notes or textbooks than from classes, people learn better in different ways.

Quick Reply

Latest