Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ugh I miss someone who is no longer active on here Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says, I miss someone no longer active on here since '14. We used to chat regularly throughout first year of uni and then I sort of stopped coming here and completely forgot about him.

It wasn't until a few months ago when I came back on here that one of his post popped up and the nostalgia hit me like a ton of brick.

I have no idea why I am sharing this info but felt like getting it off my chest.

ReputationRep:
    Me too :cry: Do you have any way of contacting them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poooky)
    Me too :cry: Do you have any way of contacting them?
    He gave me his number on my old account that I used to use previous to this but then I lost my phone and deleted my account (prior to me losing my phone haha) so noooooope sadly.

I really do miss him it is a bit mad. Life sort of got in the way I guess.

Hope your story has a better ending?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    He gave me his number on my old account that I used to use previous to this but then I lost my phone and deleted my account (prior to me losing my phone haha) so noooooope sadly.

I really do miss him it is a bit mad. Life sort of got in the way I guess.

Hope your story has a better ending?
    Oh nooo I'm sorry to hear that! Do you have a name or anything? I've sometimes looked up people that I've lost contact with, just to see that they're okay. Even if it's from afar and I don't actually message them, it settles that feeling of really missing them

I can understand that. No sadly, they've left TSR for good and I don't think their number works anymore. But in my case it's my fault we stopped speaking in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it. I’ve been trying to communicate with old splatoon teammates from early 2016 on discord but they haven’t been on there for almost a year.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poooky)
    Oh nooo I'm sorry to hear that! Do you have a name or anything? I've sometimes looked up people that I've lost contact with, just to see that they're okay. Even if it's from afar and I don't actually message them, it settles that feeling of really missing them

I can understand that. No sadly, they've left TSR for good and I don't think their number works anymore. But in my case it's my fault we stopped speaking in the first place
    Weirdly enough we never exchanged names just numbers so I saved him as TSR guy or his username I think. Hope he is well though and awwwwww am sorry to hear about that. They may pop back to TSR you never know!

ReputationRep:
    You could PM him anyway. You never know, he might check it sometime in the future or get an email notification. Include some contact info that's unlikely to change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furiousmushroom)
    You could PM him anyway. You never know, he might check it sometime in the future or get an email notification. Include some contact info that's unlikely to change.
    I did a few months back and then I left TSR again and randomly came back on it this week - checked my inbox and no reply.

Oh well at least I tried. Thank you btw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.