The Student Room Group

Condom split

so I was having sex with my gf and my condom split....should i be worried? shes agaisnt abortion strongly
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
so I was having sex with my gf and my condom split....should i be worried? shes agaisnt abortion strongly

Morning after pill? When did it happen?
Reply 2
Original post by Bio 7
Morning after pill? When did it happen?

happened last night during sexual intercourse, and she didnt take a pill which actually worries me kinda, idk should I go to GP with her?
Yes there is a chance of pregnancy.

She can either get the plan b pill at a sexual health clinic/ her doctors, or it can be bought at boots after a quick chat with a pharmacist. It's best to be taken within 5 days of the unprotected sex.

I also advise you and your girlfriend have a serious talk after this as to whether your current birth control methods are good enough, as clearly in the event of pregnancy you two have divided opinions. That's not a topic you want to ignore until it's too late.

What do you want us to say? Take the morning after pill or there’s a chance she could be pregnant.

Simple
Reply 5
Original post by SophieSmall
Yes there is a chance of pregnancy.

She can either get the plan b pill at a sexual health clinic/ her doctors, or it can be bought at boots after a quick chat with a pharmacist. It's best to be taken within 5 days of the unprotected sex.

I also advise you and your girlfriend have a serious talk after this as to whether your current birth control methods are good enough, as clearly in the event of pregnancy you two have divided opinions. That's not a topic you want to ignore until it's too late.

Thank you very much about letting me know about this. i had no idea such pills after exist! I will make sure to talk about it to her
Reply 6
happened last night during sexual intercourse, and she didnt take a pill which actually worries me kinda, idk should I go to GP with her?

It's pretty important that you can both live with what happens. Did she want to get pregnant or was there a reason for her not taking a pill?
Thank you very much about letting me know about this. i had no idea such pills after exist! I will make sure to talk about it to her

No problem also remember. If the condom splits, chances are you're either applying it wrong or it's the wrong size/fit.

And don't forget condoms have expiration dates and they shouldn't be stored incorrectly such as in hot places or wallets, as it can damage them.

Quick Reply