Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She broke up with me. Finally moving on. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was so in love with this girl. First person I ever thought about marriage with, kids, wanted to live together, all that good stuff.

Ex broke up with a month ago because she was tired of the arguing. Tried to get back with me 2 weeks later. Turned her away and said I was happy and moved on. I’ll admit I told kind of blew up her phone still venting about the breakup. 3 weeks ago I messaged her saying this was hard for me. Anyways had this really hot date set up last night.I snapped a video of my plate of food with the caption ‘Argentinian food’ and then you could see my date in the video.

A few hours later I get a message from the ex saying it hurts to see that I’ve moved on but if that’s what I want then she loves me enough to be happy for me. Sent her a ?. She said I’m referring to your new date. Told her I’m sorry. Loved you her very much but we just couldn’t stop arguing and weren’t working. Then sent her another text saying as a precedent it isn’t wise for me to say what is or isn’t going on in my dating life.

Feels good to finally be moving on. I've been using this site for a while to help me get through it so I figured I'd continue to post my progress...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by dannmann92)
    I was so in love with this girl. First person I ever thought about marriage with, kids, wanted to live together, all that good stuff.

Ex broke up with a month ago because she was tired of the arguing. Tried to get back with me 2 weeks later. Turned her away and said I was happy and moved on. I’ll admit I told kind of blew up her phone still venting about the breakup. 3 weeks ago I messaged her saying this was hard for me. Anyways had this really hot date set up last night.I snapped a video of my plate of food with the caption ‘Argentinian food’ and then you could see my date in the video.

A few hours later I get a message from the ex saying it hurts to see that I’ve moved on but if that’s what I want then she loves me enough to be happy for me. Sent her a ?. She said I’m referring to your new date. Told her I’m sorry. Loved you her very much but we just couldn’t stop arguing and weren’t working. Then sent her another text saying as a precedent it isn’t wise for me to say what is or isn’t going on in my dating life.

Feels good to finally be moving on. I've been using this site for a while to help me get through it so I figured I'd continue to post my progress...

Honestly you should re read that and realise a lot of it makes non sense to anyone else reading it. carry on with the progress.

ReputationRep:
    So in short... she initiated the break up, then got upset when you began to move on. The response you sent to her was spot on, it is none of her business what you do now. I wouldn’t have even bothered replying!!

Good to hear that you are now seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it’s difficult to see how bad a relationship really was until we finally start to move on! Keep it up!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Did you directly send her a snap with your new date? Because that's a bit childish, you only had to cut all contact to prove that you've moved on.

But it's good to see that you've progressed, many people would be wallowing in sadness and still clung onto their ex for many weeks or months.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound like you're moving on if you're posting blatant snapchats. I get it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by showaeski)
    Doesn't sound like you're moving on if you're posting blatant snapchats. I get it though.
    Why are you saying that I did it on purpose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    So in short... she initiated the break up, then got upset when you began to move on. The response you sent to her was spot on, it is none of her business what you do now. I wouldn’t have even bothered replying!!

Good to hear that you are now seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it’s difficult to see how bad a relationship really was until we finally start to move on! Keep it up!
    Ummm...
    But she didn't ask OP for any information. All she said is that she's happy for him-his response wasn't spot on, but unnecessary. All he had to do was say thanks you too, or nothing at all. OP clearly wanted to be jack a and still have a conversation.

ReputationRep:

Reading your post, I don't feel you have moved on. If you had you wouldn't feel the need to contact her at all ...

Having to show her 'your new girl' is pretty childish imho ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Reading your post, I don't feel you have moved on. If you had you wouldn't feel the need to contact her at all ...

Having to show her 'your new girl' is pretty childish imho ..
    You make it seem like I snapped it on purpose

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you? That's exactly what it sounds like ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Didn't you? That's exactly what it sounds like ...
    How does it sound like that? He's single now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennabrooks)
    How does it sound like that? I'm single now.
    You boasted about being on a date ... most people don't need to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennabrooks)
    Ummm...
    But she didn't ask OP for any information. All she said is that she's happy for him-his response wasn't spot on, but unnecessary. All he had to do was say thanks you too, or nothing at all. OP clearly wanted to be jack a and still have a conversation.
    eeek! Sorry yes you are right, I think I may have misread the original post!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

wow, so would you say that the only way to get over someone you truly love, your first love, is to get with someone new?

ReputationRep:
    You didn’t know what you were doing then?

Please, don’t mess with a girls heart like that. If you still have genuine feeling for her and theres a possibility of future then consider whether or not you’re willing to put up with her childishness. If not then let the poor girl move on. Every time you talk to her, even say hi or I don’t mind, may give her some form of hope that is effecting her future with someone else. Tell her you don’t love her, you don’t want anything to do with her, write in CAPITALS, make fun of her in some way of need be to get her to understand. It’ll hurt. Buts it’s cruel to be kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lepidolite)
    You didn’t know what you were doing then?

Please, don’t mess with a girls heart like that. If you still have genuine feeling for her and theres a possibility of future then consider whether or not you’re willing to put up with her childishness. If not then let the poor girl move on. Every time you talk to her, even say hi or I don’t mind, may give her some form of hope that is effecting her future with someone else. Tell her you don’t love her, you don’t want anything to do with her, write in CAPITALS, make fun of her in some way of need be to get her to understand. It’ll hurt. Buts it’s cruel to be kind.
    That's not what he wants. He still wants her but just isn't being honest with himself.

You don't go from saying it's hard for me 3 weeks before telling her it's hard for me and then trying to make her jealous because he doesn't want anything with her. Heck, he even kept trying to elicit dialogue with her with his last messages which doesn't sound like someone who wants to spell it out to her in capital letters that he wants nothing to do with her.

ReputationRep:
    Stop being so childish, you're clearly posting those snaps for her to see. If you really moved on you wouldn't care, remove her from all social media.

ReputationRep:
    OP do you still have her on social media? Stil look at her stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzym)
    OP do you still have her on social media? Stil look at her stuff?
    Yea I do. I just looked at her snapchat last night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laissez‒faire)
    Stop being so childish, you're clearly posting those snaps for her to see. If you really moved on you wouldn't care, remove her from all social media.
    So are you saying that you think I still want to be with her?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.