Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I would love to chat about the different summer camps offered. I'm beginning my application atm for Camp America but before doing deposit want to know a little more info- someone who has maybe tried a few of the different camps so can help compare.
    I have heard - and i know there will never be one perfect company to go with- but i have heard Camp America is a bit money grabbing? That other camps like Americamp and CCUSA offer the exact same thing for less costs and more $$ pocket money.

I really want to meet new people, have an amazing time in America, travel and working with kids has always been a passion of mine. Im not overly fussed over how much I get paid for this as its more important to have a great, well organized and amazing summer in the US.

I appreciate anyones advise / feedback

thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    I've just had my first (of many, hopefully) summer with Camp America. I met some of the most amazing people and had an experience that no holiday in America could ever give me. It honestly changes your life. I'd definitely recommend Camp America over other companies since they work directly with the US embassy as your visa sponsor, they help you all the way through your application and are there for you 24/7 whilst you're at camp. Like you said, if you want a well organized summer there's no company that competes with Camp America.

ReputationRep:
    All the companies do the same thing to be honest, they set you up with your visa, jobs and help when in the USA. Camp America have a slightly higher application price but remember this includes flights. Other companies like Americamp offer higher salaries and lower application fees but do not offer flights in the application cost.

Try to check Facebook and independent websites for reviews before applying like:
    Camp America reviews
    Americamp reviews
    CCUSA reviews

Also be sure to check out Camp Leaders as they have a great reputation and years of experience placing internationals at camps in the States.

The main thing is just apply and do it soon - it really is an amazing way to spend your summer

ReputationRep:
    2018 will be my 3rd summer at an american summer camp. I have always been with Camp America so I cannot give much info on the other companies. Camp America is a really good company in terms of organisations and ease with the applications. The online portal is really user friendly too HOWEVER they do charge a lot more then the other companies. In your first year it may not be something you are particularly bothered about - as its all about the experience after all - but as a returner you do hope to earn a bit knowing just how many hours of work you put in a how physically challenging it be because of this. The fees don't decrease that much and they do take a massive chunk of your paycheck.

I cannot fault them with organisation and the process leading up to camp. But it does become difficult to return to camp knowing how much it costs to get out there (flights), payments to Camp America and that they take a fair bit of your "pocket money" to pay for this.

Whichever company you choose you will have an amazing time! It can definitely be tough as you are working non stop but it is the most rewarding experience

ReputationRep:
    Camp America is a not for profit cultural exchange programme, whose affiliation within the American Institute for Foreign Study means there is 24 hr support for participants while in the US. Some of the other programmes, if you focus purely on money paid and pocket money received, might seem to have the edge, but CA offers far more support from start to finish. The interviewer's role for instance is that of a kind of mentor, who can be consulted from interview until flying out. I have participated on Camp America 7 times, going to 2 different camps. I would never have wanted to go out with any other organisation. Chris

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.