Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

girl rejected me due to my height AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabbathemuttdog)
    Star sign?
    degeneries

ReputationRep:
    I'd maybe understand if she was taller than you but she's 5'1! Why does she need someone who is waaaaaay taller than her, it'd just look stupid! You're probably the perfect height for her. And anyway, I really don't see why height is an issue anyway. 5'5 isn't even short! I'm 5'4 and it's not exactly short.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    5'5 isn't that short to be fair if you are big somewhere else Move on from her because there will be plenty more opportunities for you.

(Original post by chazwomaq)
    It's just an excuse, instead of bluntly saying "I don't really like you". That what all "you're not my type" excuses are. If she fancied you, your height wouldn't matter.
    That doesn't make much sense. His height clearly affects whether she will fancy him or not.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't understand why people call this "shallow". I don't see the problem with it...

Physical attraction clearly matters in sexual relationships. Why would a girl go out with someone she isn't physically attracted to? And everyone knows that height is a hugely important factor in how physically attractive a boy is.

(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
      Tbh I don't understand why people call this "shallow".
      It is the assumption that this is the only reason she rejected him. I.e. that he is perfect in every way, except for his height, and that she would rather date a less perfect guy who happens to be taller.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AngeryPenguin)
      It is the assumption that this is the only reason she rejected him. I.e. that he is perfect in every way, except for his height, and that she would rather date a less perfect guy who happens to be taller.
      Yeah, but she can't help what she's attracted to. If a man thought a girl was nice, but didn't find her face attractive, he probably wouldn't date her.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
      Are you both 5ft11?
      No we're both 5"6

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
        Yeah, but she can't help what she's attracted to. If a man thought a girl was nice, but didn't find her face attractive, he probably wouldn't date her.
        What can I say? This forum likes to signal its virtue.

Just like threads that ask "Do X generally like Y?" You can always expect the first or second reply to be something like "Some do, some don't, don't generalise ppl it is $current_year"

ReputationRep:
        Well. Would you want to date a girl you didn't find attractive? I doubt it. As already said some people find height a dealbreaker. It's crap but not every girl is like that. I like it when a guy is slightly taller than me but never been turned off by a guy being under 6ft.

ReputationRep:
        Don't know why this is an AMA, there's nothing to ask. I'm sure you'd much rather want sympathy.

Cheer up man, you got rejected by a short girl with daddy issues. Move on.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by chazwomaq)
        It's just an excuse, instead of bluntly saying "I don't really like you". That what all "you're not my type" excuses are. If she fancied you, your height wouldn't matter.
        Not true.

ReputationRep:
        Manlets, when will they learn

also, lmfao @ "5'5 isn't that bad"

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by the bear)
        forget about this heightist chick; there are plenty of lovely ladies out there who are looking for more than over-developed skeletons.
        "Over-developed"? I take high offense to this statement. Better than lanky though so eh :laugh:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Anonymous)
        i asked out my crush, who was smaller than me in terms of height. She is like 5'1 and i'm 5'5, and in response to me asking her out, she said she prefers someone over 6'0. bit down but meh.
        Next time you see her and she's dating a guy who's 6ft please do ask her this question.

'So how does it feel like kissing a tree?' Obviously her response is gonna be something very blunt like 'what do you mean?' Or 'are you insulting my boyfriend?'

You'll just be like 'I'm curious, do you use a ladder or what?..' and she'll eventually get pissed off and you can walk away like a boss. 👌🏽
        Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Laissez‒faire)
        Manlets, when will they learn

also, lmfao @ "5'5 isn't that bad"
        not my fault that I can't grow further than this.
        Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
        • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Anonymous)
        i asked out my crush, who was smaller than me in terms of height. She is like 5'1 and i'm 5'5, and in response to me asking her out, she said she prefers someone over 6'0. bit down but meh.
        next.

NEVER get hung up on a rejection. Simply acknowledge the feelings and then move on, it's not worth the mental/emotional energy drain to think about someone that doesn't think of you in a romantic/sexual way. Someone else definitely will.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmkGsYFFxoQ&t=210s

based zeus

ReputationRep:
        is she trying to look like a bar chat when she goes out doe?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by lmaooome)
        is she trying to look like a bar chat when she goes out doe?
        looooool that's what I look like next to any guy taller than 6'

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.